Easyjet emailed cancelled but it wasn't

I wont bore you all with the now familiar stories, mine has a new twist. We received the cancellation email 24 hours before the flight. I am now trying to claim compensation as we had to book with another airline. The reply I have got from Easyjet is CLAIM REJECTED. Out of curiosity I tried 2 of the 'no win no fee' sites on one of those is was rejected saying the flight HAD taken place and was in fact 10 minutes early on landing!!! HELP  Has anyone else had such a twist? So should we now try for missed departure due to their misinformation? How can I actually find out if the flight was cancelled? A complete nightmare. Would really appreciate any info, comments. Thank you for reading, Carol

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    If you gave flight information and date of travel someone might have access to flight data.  You yourself can look up on FlightRadar if within 7 days.

Did you check that you had the correct flight cancellation. No confusion over one sector being cancelled rather than the other?
  • W1zz
    W1zz Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What is the flight information? You can check on the flight history of the route on https://uk.flightaware.com/live/

For example, this was my flight that EasyJet cancelled from Prague.

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/EZY1802/history/20220422/1930Z/LKPR/EGCC
  • Thank you Wizz. I checked on the site you suggested and yes it definitely flew! We have the cancellation email, apologies etc, from Easyjet,  but not getting very far with the complaint.... will try the CEO next. It all takes so much time. The flight we had to take to get to spain cost us an additional £740, plus extra car hire, taxi, hotel.......surely we should get the compensation?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback