British Gas

Options
British Gas has given us there best tariff 😱

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Are you really using 64,698 KWh ?    How big is your property ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Alnat1
    Alnat1 Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    OMG, is that for Buckingham Palace???
    Barnsley, South Yorkshire
    Solar PV 5.25kWp SW facing (14 x 375 Longi) Lux 3.6kw hybrid inverter and 4.8kw Pylontech battery storage installed March 22
    Octopus Agile/Fixed Outgoing and Tracker gas
  • TheMilkmansDad
    Options
    that's a !!!!!! ton of gas.

Check your bills and meter reads match up!
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    debdob29 said:
    British Gas has given us there best tariff 😱
    Welcome to the forum.
    As everyone else has said, you seem to be using enough electricity for two typical houses and enough gas for five.
    Have you been reading your meters regularly? If so,m can you tell us what they read today and what they read in June 2021?
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    @debdob29  You don't sound surprised.

Have you by any chance been reading your gas meter (which records in m3) and multiplying it by 11.2 to gey KWh ?   Don't  -  the figure BG wants is what is on the meter ..

Give us the reading on the meter please - ignore any numbers after the decimal point ?  check the serial number on the meter against that on your bill.

Never pay on an estimated bill
  • pochase
    pochase Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Can you please post the calculation formula for KWh from your units? Might be that they are calculating from a ft3 meter instead of m3?
  • pochase
    edited 21 June 2022 at 5:51PM
    Options
    After everybody having a go at you for your gas usage,  here your potential SVT from October based on the 51% increase and the 1st of June Cornwall Insights relation between gas and electricity for the increase.

• StartledJesus
    Options
    @debdob29 Is that for the so-called 'exclusive fixed rate tariff Loyalty Jul23v1'? , as I have been offered that today. I haven't had time to evaluate it yet, and I only use BG for electricity. The rates offered to me are fixed to 31/7/23, exit fee £100. 

SC 42.774p per day
    Use 37.72p per kWH

As opposed to SVT

SC 48.527p per day
    Use 27.358p per kWH

• StartledJesus
    Options
    The fix represents an increase of 31.8% over what I am paying now. So does that meet Martin's '35% test', or am I misunderstanding? 
  • pochase
    Options
    The 35% was for the 45% cap increase, we are now at a 51% increase, so the 35% will increase to something like 38%.

I believe you are on electricity only? If you give me your annual usage I drop it into my Excel sheet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback