We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Tax Rebate

Options
2»

Comments

• DarkStrider28
    Options
    It is misleading because like I said to find out exactly what you are signing up to is all in the small print it's not clear when you are putting your details and as I previously explained I wasn't in the best place so I wasn't as diligent as I was normally. I wouldn't go to a solicitor to claim tax back unless I was self employed which I'm not and if I was I would do it myself. I have claimed ppi and charges through this website also. Anyway I was just warning people not to make the same mistakes I made. Others have also made similar mistakes with this company and  similar companies.
  • stojom
    stojom Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just had similar experience with a company called your claim matters. Fortunately it turned out to be an hmrc error when they sent a tax rebate to this company incorrectly. They had another person registered on someone else’s tax records! However these companies sign people up unwittingly via web adverts, by post with similar paperwork to hmrc and then take a extortionate commission. In many cases people don’t realise they’ve sign up. Please be careful.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure