EON Next Frustration

Hi all 

This is my first post and I’m looking to see if anyone has had a similar experience or may be able to offer advice. 

I was transferred to EON Next in December.  A direct debit review or bill was not sent until April 22. When I received my first bill there was a £1000 electric deficit ! 
I do have an electric car so my useage is higher. However , this still seems high. 

Worried about this I contacted EON Next who advised that it can take 6-8weeks for the smart meter to register on their network and because of the delay that offered me £50 compensation- which I found somewhat dismissive

At the same time I questioned my useage and sent a reading over a number of days.  The assessed the reading as being accurate. However , were not able to 100% clarify this.  

Based on their response I asked for my meter to be checked. They are prepared to check it but will charge £100 if no fault is found.  The also admitted that 1 in 200 meters are found to be faulty.  5000 in ever 1Million meters

I now feel that the £100 charge is an avoidance tactic by EON Next rather than acknowledge the issue. 

The case has now been deadlocked by EON Next and I will be taking up with OFGEM. 

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience and what advice you may give. 

Comments

• IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,137
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Can you work out what you think you owe from the current readings? or is the £1000 accurate?

Past caring about first world problems.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,542
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Better posted in the Energy forum really
    but
    Read your meter and do the sums, it ain't difficult
  • TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,002
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 16 June 2022 at 4:00PM
    We were shocked by our utility bills going up despite our consumption falling.
    We had sent regular meter readings and as at the end of April  what we should have paid was correct.
    The issue we had was that they seemed to ignore the meter readings we had given them and make their own up. That might be an issue?
    Also check the decimal point for cost per unit. Yes despite you thinking this shouldn't go wrong, I had to query a gas bill 10 times higher than it should because they'd got the decimal point in the wrong place.
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport