Insurance - pre-existing condition changed

Options
Briefly - booked annual travel insurance with "Now Travel Insurance"
I declared PMR as my pre-existing condition and paid in full.
It now turns out that it's not PMR but something else which won't need treatment, but just monitoring for the moment.
Am I obliged to tell Now about this or not

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,342 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you know that their records of your medical condition(s) are no longer accurate then I'd say yes, you should tell them.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Your policy document will probably say that you must notify them of any changes.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,453 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hmm

Change in health
    If your health or your ongoing medication changes between the date your policy was purchased and the date of
    travel
    you must advise Now Travel Insurance by phone on 01702 427281 as soon as possible.
    We will advise you what cover we are able to provide, after the date of diagnosis.
    Following
    your change in health we reserve the right to increase the premium, increase the excess,exclude the
    condition or withdraw the cover should the stability of the condition make it necessary(please refer to ‘General
    definitions’ for more information)

• diystarter7
    diystarter7 Posts: 5,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ALWAYS YES - sorry re caps but its going to cost you nothing and its your duty to update re changes as per all ins policies
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,525 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    ALWAYS YES - sorry re caps but its going to cost you nothing and its your duty to update re changes as per all ins policies

It won't necessarily cost nothing.  I updated information regarding my wife's medical conditions.  That was also a case of a change from treatment to no treatment required.  They still charged me £20 for the privilege.  That was a few years ago and I can't remember the insurer.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,453 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just to update everyone on this.
    I added my new medical condition to the policy in September - it cost us an extra £150 (ish)
    In October, 2 weeks before we were due to travel, the doctor said 'no flying' and gave me a letter.
    I phoned Easyjet who refunded the APD for the outbound flight but declined to give me any paperwork!
    Phoned TUI who refunded me in full once they'd seen the Dr's letter!
    Contacted Now Insurance claiming a balance of £137
    A month later they replied to say excess was £75 per person so no valid claim
    Just phoned to try to cancel the policy (as that was another option) to be told that option is only available for the first six months so, out of time!
    Ho hum!

*If* we had travelled and *if* there had been a problem, then maybe it would have been worth it, but, that's what it's all about isn't it.

Onwards and upwards!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure