Options
13»

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ms_MMM said:
    The order was less than £100 and I did receive the other items okay. I I will try the bank again as I never heard of a chargeback claim.
    This is really helpful. Big thanks to Jenni and Manxman

You will need proof of what was ordered & proof of what you received.

Even then SD can still reject the chargeback.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Ms_MMM
    Ms_MMM Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi
    Well that was a really helpful and easy call with the bank for a recharge. They will now take the dispute on and ask for evidence. They appreciate that the issue was picking, packing and quality control and not the courier. A conditional refund will be issued within 24 hours to me. So, I have to simply wait 30 days for a response to see if it SD can prove it was packed correctly. 

My spirits are lifted and I have learnt something new today. Thank you.

PS I checked Trust Pilot reviews yesterday and noted they are averaged from sources. If you select 'organic' then you get a truer reflection of customer feedback which includes high and low ratings.
    'Invited' responses are when suppliers ask and they can reject low ratings. So, as the average rating includes these I would find this overall score questionable.  
  • Ms_MMM
    First Post
    Options
    ManxMan
    This was so helpful. I did contact the bank about the recharge an they made it so easy. I just had to give details and now wait 30 days. Everyday is an education and I learnt something new today :)
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    Good.

Obviously the bank has already told you, but be aware of what @born_again said that Sports Direct have an opportunity to challenge and reverse the chargeback.  Make sure you let the bank have all the evidence they ask for as I understand that you - the consumer - only have one attempt at a charge back, so you want to give yourself the best chance you can.

If you are unlucky and the chargeback fails your only other option is to sue them.  Probably not worth the hassle for £19.99

Good luck
  • Ms_MMM
    First Post
    Options
    Yes Boun is right which is why the bank said I would have to wait 30 days as the money might be taken back. They asked a lot of questions and have not asked for the emails as yet. They were going to give SD a chance to respond first. I will keep you all posted.
  • Ms_MMM
    First Post
    Options
    Ms_MMM said:
    Hi
    Well that was a really helpful and easy call with the bank for a recharge. They will now take the dispute on and ask for evidence. They appreciate that the issue was picking, packing and quality control and not the courier. A conditional refund will be issued within 24 hours to me. So, I have to simply wait 30 days for a response to see if it SD can prove it was packed correctly. 

My spirits are lifted and I have learnt something new today. Thank you.

PS I checked Trust Pilot reviews yesterday and noted they are averaged from sources. If you select 'organic' then you get a truer reflection of customer feedback which includes high and low ratings.
    'Invited' responses are when suppliers ask and they can reject low ratings. So, as the average rating includes these I would find this overall score questionable.  
    11/7/2022 Update
    Waiting for bank to confirm outcome. Should receive in the next week.
    Went onto Citizen Advice website and raised a request for Trading Standards to investigate the supplier. Received a response from Citizen Advice quite quickly and I may receive a call / email from Trading Standards to confirm if they will investigate the suppliers conduct.
  • nyermen
    nyermen Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 12 July 2022 at 7:28AM
    Options
    Appreciate the update.  Sounds like "computer says no" is the order of things, doubt they really checked CCTV (this is hardly a dog food vs playstation situation).
    Still suspect the "CCTV" magically disappears if this progresses further.
    Peter

Debt free - finally finished paying off £20k + Interest.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback