BT price hike

Hi everyone,

relatively new here; be kind.

I looked at my bill today and noticed that my bill had gone up by £20. I called up and they can't seem to understand why it has happened. They don't even offer that price for this package...

I have had nothing but trouble since I started with them:
  • constant messages saying your broadband is up running; 
  • you look like you are close to a renewal so call us for an upgrade (I am 9 months into my 2 year contract);
  • offered me 10% off my phone bill for the duration of my contract, which I never received after calling them constantly about it (and being told it was done);
Thought I would make a post to make people aware. I don't check my bank statements often, but I am glad I did as this would have gone unnoticed. So I just wanted to warn you to check in case this has happened to anyone else.

Hope this helps anyone who has also received this.

J.

Replies

• EssexExileEssexExile Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Don't they email you every time a bill is issued? They do for me so it's easy to check it each month.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • kev2009kev2009 Forumite
    994 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Agree, I get monthly emails re bills and I can login and check.  Not had any issues with BT so far, when contract is coming to a end i've been able to move to a package that suits my needs and negotiate a reasonable price.

Kev
  • LDN100LDN100 Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    No they don't send me emails at all. I spoke to them and they have credited my bill and reverted back to my actual monthly cost. Clearly something has gone wrong somewhere. I just wanted to make others aware to check theirs too in case they were billed wrong.
  • giraffe69giraffe69 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If they don't email you then get the BT app on your phone so you can keep an eye in case this happens again.