Carpetright - shocking service
Purchased an ordinary carpet for stairs in a 3 bed semi-detached house with Carpetright. All purchased online, dealt with by Streatham branch and Croydon warehouse:
- 20th April - placed order
- 22nd April - fitting arranged for 13th May
- 13th May - called and told carpet delivered is defective so cannot be fitted, but warehouse will order more carpet and get back in contact.
- 20th May - I chase update on order, told I will be called back, am not
- 23rd May - I chase update on order, told I will be called back, am not
- 24th May - Receive email confirming order and saying I will be contacted about fitting
- 28th May - I am contacted to arrange fitting date, but told they made a mistake with the pricing (it was all ordered and paid for online) and they have to increase the price. The increase wasn't very large, £32, but I cancelled on principle - I won't deal with a counter-party who enters into a contract then refuses to honour the terms.
- The store said they couldn't cancel the order, I had to call the contact centre. I was then disconnected after about 8 minutes on hold (before speaking with anyone) when I called the contact centre.
- After calling again, the contact centre said they had to speak to the store to cancel. I pointed out the store had just told me the opposite.
- After a total of 25 minutes waiting, I was told the order cannot be canceled as it needs the authorisation of a line manager at the store and none are in the store and I will receive a call back on Monday.
From the very start it has been continued incompetence. I'd read some poor reviews prior to placing the order and was slightly hesitant to use them, but it is such a straightforward order that I didn't think they could mess it up.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.2K Spending & Discounts
- 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.5K Life & Family
- 246.8K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards