Water bills

Thames Water sent me a bill for 926 days of water. They haven’t sent me a bill since 2019 now they want over £550. Can they do that when they sent me no bills? I’ve always paid on time and never had any problems with my bill before and not been in debt. I think this is outrageous and has made my life so much more difficult. 

Comments

• marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,464
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    louBlou21 said:
    Thames Water sent me a bill for 926 days of water. They haven’t sent me a bill since 2019 now they want over £550. Can they do that when they sent me no bills? I’ve always paid on time and never had any problems with my bill before and not been in debt. I think this is outrageous and has made my life so much more difficult. 
     You weren't saving the money knowing you were not paying and would eventually want their money for a service you received? 
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,034
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Have Thames water confirmed they haven't sent you a bill since 2019 or could it be a case of you not receiving a bill - i.e they are implying it could be lost in the post etc.

If they haven't sent a bill since 2019 the bill they sent is still valid*, However it is worth making a formal complaint and you should get a 'goodwill' payment - probably around £50?

* For water bills there isn't a 'backdating' provision that is in place for gas/electricity bills
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback