PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

FTB - How do I give myself the best chance in this competitive market?

Options
1235»

Comments

• maton91
    maton91 Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 28 June 2022 at 9:38PM
    Options
    jenni_fer said:
    maton91 said:
    As I was anxious about, the lendor has down valued my offer by £10k

I have now gone back to the EA and asked if the vendor would be willing to proceed at the down valued number. This is actually the same value as the original listing ('asking price'), so I'm hoping they will agree and things can get moving again.

If not, well I guess it's renegotiation time, hoepfully we can compromise at a half way point and I'll stup up the £5k delta in cash
    Our original buyer tried this...if it was valued at asking, you knowingly offered £10k over so shouldn't be surprised it's not worth that to the bank.
    We said no.

Zerforax said:
    maton91 said:
    As I was anxious about, the lendor has down valued my offer by £10k

I have now gone back to the EA and asked if the vendor would be willing to proceed at the down valued number. This is actually the same value as the original listing ('asking price'), so I'm hoping they will agree and things can get moving again.

If not, well I guess it's renegotiation time, hoepfully we can compromise at a half way point and I'll stup up the £5k delta in cash

Good luck! Keep us updated.

EA emailed back this evening saying 5x other offers were over asking price and the vendor could ask to go with one of them instead of mine if they weren't willing to drop to the mortage valuation.

I've emailed back for the EA to ask the vendor if they can meet halfway as I don't want to risk losing the sale. I can't see all 5x offers being close to mine (I offered £10k over), we are already two weeks into the process, I can get things moving by accepting the mortage offer & paying the delta £5k in cash and the seller also potentially avoids the risk of another down value from one of the other offers

If not I guess I'll have to try another lender
  • maton91
    Options
    Zoe02 said:
    My tip would be also have your AIP and proof of deposit to show you are a serious buyer. 
    This was a pre-requisite to the EA as part of the offer. I can borrow more than what I have offered, just the bank didn't meet what I offered

• movilogo
    movilogo Posts: 3,191 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I can't see all 5x offers being close to mine (I offered £10k over), we are already two weeks into the process, I can get things moving by accepting the mortage offer & paying the delta £5k in cash and the seller also potentially avoids the risk of another down value from one of the other offers
    While EAs lie all the time, sometimes they tell the truth as well. Depending on local market, demand and supply, there could be other buyers willing to offer more.

Question is, are you happy to walk out if vendor does not accept down valuation?

Paying extra cash separately is something solicitors/lender may not be happy with. 
    Happiness is buying an item and then not checking its price after a month to discover it was reduced further.
  • maton91
    Options
    Ok we are back on track, sale now agreed where I provide the extra £5k as cash (essentially increasing the deposit by £5k) and the mortgae covers the rest as per the bank's valuation

Hopefully all should go smoothly now!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure