Now TV

Options
Kim_kim
Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 28 April 2022 at 6:42PM in Phones & TV
I think NOW TV might be the thing to have as I’m leaving sky.  
I have a new tv in my living room & it has a now app on it.  I want a feeesat box thought, as I want to series link & record.  

My kitchen tv is older, I could get a fire stick. 

Then could I buy a £9.99 a month account for entertainment only & watch NOW TV on both of them?  Will I be able to use one account on two tvs?  It doesn’t need to be at the same time, I live alone.  

Is now tv like sky tv without the recording facility?  I mean is the menu similar.  

Comments

• penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes you can
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    No need to buy a pass to use now tv. Sign up for a free 7? day trial and cancel within the 7 days. You only need to pay for the passes if you want the extra programmes they provide. Without the passes you will still receive free to air channels.
    I don't think you can watch now tv on a firestick. You can use a now tv box or stick on the second set.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 April 2022 at 10:12PM
    Options
    Firestick is fine for NOW tv but if you ever wanted to watch in HD, have fewer ads or watch on more than one device at the same time you have to get a Boost package as well for the standard price of £5 (£2 on offer) a month on top of whatever channel packages you have.
    There are often offers on the standard prices, recently Entertainment could be had for £1 a month for 3 or 6 months

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6250945/now-tv-offers#latest

(Now have moved away from offering devices although there is still old stock about)

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No need to buy a pass to use now tv. Sign up for a free 7? day trial and cancel within the 7 days. You only need to pay for the passes if you want the extra programmes they provide. Without the passes you will still receive free to air channels.
    I don't think you can watch now tv on a firestick. You can use a now tv box or stick on the second set.
    You can, Ive got the app but on a newer stick, I cant comment on th older sticks.
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    Options
    Sign up for the free trial, cancel & it will let me watch freeview channels on the fire stick? 
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    Options
    Firestick Gen 2 or later supports Now TV.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kim_kim said:
    Sign up for the free trial, cancel & it will let me watch freeview channels on the fire stick? 
    Now TV doesn't have any Freeview channels, only Sky channels.
    See Watch TV Shows - Stream Drama, Comedy, Documentaries & More (nowtv.com) for programmes and can filter by channel.

Fire stick is supported, see a full list of devices here Ways To Watch NOW (nowtv.com)
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,421 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OP, as above you need to sign up for the free trial - usually 7 days. You will need to create an account via PC/Laptop etc. and provide bank details, but once that's done, you can log into your account on any device that will allow you (Username and password).

Once you've set up the account and the free trial has started, go to your account and go to cancel. They'll normally ask you a couple of times if you really want to cancel, then offer you a bargain price. Could be half price for 6 months or reduced rate for 3 months. It does vary, but if you get a deal you like, accept it and it will automatically start after the free trial ends. Put a note in your diary to cancel again when the deal ends. You might get an offer again. If you don't, then just cancel and wait for them to email you a special offer to come back. Your account remains live whether you have active passes or not - just can't watch anything without an active pass.

The standard package allows you to log in to any device and you can manage the devices via your account. I think there's something like a maximum of six different devices but you can change them monthly, but can only use one at a time.

If you want to watch on more than 1 device at the same time, you will need the boost. You will also need that if you want HD and ad free. Works the same - starting price is £5 a month, but cancel it and you will get an offer (usually £2 a month).

Now TV doesn't have freeview channels, but an old Now TV device might have. As well as Entertainment passes, they also have movies, sport, and kids which vary in price but work the same way.

The Now TV app isn't like Sky. You can either watch the Sky channels 'live' or you can watch catch-up/boxsets. There's no recording option, but most scheduled programmes are available for 28 days after being broadcast. Boxsets are available for as long as Sky want them on there. They usually say if they are about to disappear. 

I've used Now TV on and off for years, and it's far cheaper than Sky, and if you are prepared to wait for good deals can be a bargain way to watch some decent TV. At the moment I've got boost and cinema for £6.99 a month in total until September, which is less than half the advertised price.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

The standard package allows you to log in to any device and you can manage the devices via your account. I think there's something like a maximum of six different devices but you can change them monthly, but can only use one at a time.

You have not been able or needed to manage devices online for some time - they now automatically add a new device when  used and drop off an older one if needed (if you have reached the 6 device limit) 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback