Chase survey

Options
Interestingly, I’ve had an email from Chase this morning with a short survey. Only two questions. The first was would I recommend Chase to a friend and why. The second question was “how disappointed would I be if I couldn’t access my Chase account via an app?”… on a scale from not at all to very. It sounds like they may be thinking of going internet only?

Comments

• wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,332 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Interestingly, I’ve had an email from Chase this morning with a short survey. Only two questions. The first was would I recommend Chase to a friend and why. The second question was “how disappointed would I be if I couldn’t access my Chase account via an app?”… on a scale from not at all to very. It sounds like they may be thinking of going internet only?
    Highly unlikely. As Freetrade is soon to do, if it does anything it will add internet banking via a web browser. This question is probably just to judge whether people 'love' the app or not.
  • CheekyMikey
    Options
    wmb194 said:
    Highly unlikely. As Freetrade is soon to do, if it does anything it will add internet banking via a web browser. This question is probably just to judge whether people 'love' the app or not.
    Yes, it may be they’re thinking of adding internet access..why didn’t they just ask if we liked the app with a few qualitative questions to probe further. Seems a negative way to me to ask the question if they’re totally committed to it…
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,279 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 April 2022 at 11:19AM
    Options
    It is a very odd question. Are there any significant current account providers who don't offer an app? There are some features that really should not be done in a web browser, such as depositing cheques. Appreciate Chase doesn't offer this yet, but to compete they are going to have to have a full service by the time they wind down their loss-leading incentives.
    Edit: One possible rationale is that they are considering people with incompatible phones and the option for them to do web-based banking.
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's three questions!

The cynic in me takes the contrary view:  I suspect that it's a back-covering exercise to prove ("we've done a survey") that Chase clients haven't the slightest interest in any access channel other than their beloved smartphone.  "99% of survey respondents said that not having an app would be a disaster, so all our efforts should be devoted to improving the app."

• Olinda99
    Olinda99 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It was from Chase, right??? Yes I know I am suspicious.
  • refluxer
    refluxer Posts: 2,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Olinda99 said:
    It was from Chase, right??? Yes I know I am suspicious.
    Yes, it's from Chase. It's also only a rating and a couple of simple questions - no personal info or logging in required.
  • Olinda99
    Olinda99 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 28 April 2022 at 4:28PM
    Options
    only ask because some fraudsters send 'softening up' emails that ask for no personal info but 2 days later call you 'about that survey' and you are more likely to believe they are from Chase....

Also by responding you do confirm that you do have a Chase account.
  • CheekyMikey
    CheekyMikey Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Olinda99 said:
    only ask because some fraudsters send 'softening up' emails that ask for no personal info but 2 days later call you 'about that survey' and you are more likely to believe they are from Chase....

Its a good point and I thought that too, so I called them..the guy I spoke too confirmed they’ve been sending out quite a lot of email marketing including customer satisfaction surveys, although he didn’t know about this specific question. He just reiterated that they’d never ask for any personal details via email or texts etc etc
  • Bigwheels1111
    Bigwheels1111 Posts: 2,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I called them to ask how to set up a standing order.
    Gent was very helpful, after it was all set up he started saying sorry about how hard making the first deposit into the account was due to conformation of payee not being shown.
    Ive had the issue with Ford money, atom and tandem from memory.
    But so far app is great, rate is great, plus Cashback is very nice too.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,279 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Olinda99 said:

Its a good point and I thought that too, so I called them..the guy I spoke too confirmed they’ve been sending out quite a lot of email marketing including customer satisfaction surveys, although he didn’t know about this specific question. He just reiterated that they’d never ask for any personal details via email or texts etc etc
    The problem is that most surveys sent by email require that you click a link to open them in your web browser, which itself is a risky activity because you can't know in advance what is at the website you are being taken to. It could contain a payload of malware (even just hosted in an ad on the page). Taking a risk-based approach, one would weigh the benefits of completing such a survey against the risks, and probably conclude that it isn't worth it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback