Council tax

in Wales
2 replies 61 views
dori27dori27 Forumite
2 Posts
First Post
Hi just wondering if any one would have any information on this subject I have just found out that I have been in the wrong council tax band for the last 20 years but they will only pay me back for the last 6 years of overpayment as it’s a welsh legislation act does anyone no if I could do something more about this as surely I have a right to the money I have overpaid thanks 


  • CISCIS Forumite
    12.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Yes, it's a statutory provision in Wales.

    Unless you want to fight against the law, and get the law changed, then you're out of luck.
    I no longer work in Council Tax Recovery but instead work as a specialist Council Tax paralegal assisting landlords and Council Tax payers with council tax disputes and valuation tribunals. My views are my own reading of the law and you should always check with the local authority in question.
  • dori27dori27 Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    If I could I would as I feel like I’ve been robbed and there nothing I can do about it and I’m sure I’m not the only person who has 
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest News and Guides