To all those that enter competitions

Options
124»

Comments

• destiny_star2006
    Options
    where do you find all the online competitions at?
    We Make A Living By What We Get. We Make A LIFE By What We GIVE:money:

show me a man with both feet on the ground and i'll show you a man who cant get his pants off.
  • daisy2002
    Options
    I personally use Loquax but i know there are competitions posted on this site too.
    “Hope is the only bee that makes honey without flowers.”
    Some people only dream of angels, i held one in my arms.
    Praying this baby makes it.
  • Marishka
    Options
    when entering postcard comps do people use plain ones these days or wil those free ones from cafes/pubs do? I'm just getting back into comping after many years and back then there were no computers and many comps just discarded entries on picture postcards so you had to spend a fortune buying the plain ones.
    Best win ever - drawing my own ticket out of a bucket at a village fair and winning a set of beautifully hand upholstered dolls furniture (when I was 10)
    a wombling we will go...
  • slowburneruk
    Options
    hi all, so far ive had a one night stay and two day pass to the splash hotel at alton towers... (almost threw that letter in the bin, as thought was junk mail) a wild wild west will smith dvd, hot air ballon flight for 2. and a signed cartoon from a old sun artist. oh and a lakeside musuem guide, (very boring, lol)...
    havent won anything in the last year though :cry:
  • daisy2002
    daisy2002 Posts: 964 Forumite
    Options
    When i first started doing postcard comps i would buy big sheets of coloured card & cut them up to postcard size. I didn't win much with them though. I now get my postcards from a pub & some from the cinema. I normally clear them out when i go so that i don't have to go looking for postcards for a while. The postcards are the boomerang postcards. I emailed them & said i wanted to know where to get the free postcards, gave them my postcode & they emailed me back list of local places to get the postcards. http://www.boomerangmedia.co.uk/

I'm having a slow start to the year & feeling sorry for myself. I've not had even a sniff of a win yet :laugh:
    “Hope is the only bee that makes honey without flowers.”
    Some people only dream of angels, i held one in my arms.
    Praying this baby makes it.
  • polkadot
    polkadot Posts: 1,867 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I started in November, and in December I won a Dell latitude D830 laptop.
  • destiny_star2006
    Options
    wow nice win ive entered comps for years now and only ever wun a toy tortoise lmao my daughter loves it
    We Make A Living By What We Get. We Make A LIFE By What We GIVE:money:

show me a man with both feet on the ground and i'll show you a man who cant get his pants off.
  • polkadot
    polkadot Posts: 1,867 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It was a cool win. My DH is an it engineer and is still green. Since I only recieved it at the end of December Ive been contemplating whether or not it should count for 2008 for 2008?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure