Help with posting comments

Options
Hello.
I'm trying to reply to comments on the following thread; https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/79149907#Comment_79149907
I initially began a reply to a specific comment by first clicking on the 'quote' button. I then changed my mind and wanted to delete the half-composed reply but couldn't see that option so I used the delete button on my keyboard to delete my own text in the half-composed reply but then couldn't get rid of the reply box (with the grey shading) in order to reply to other comments. Please advise. I have tried logging out and back in, and visiting other categories in the forum and returning but that didn't work.

Comments

• broganjohn
    broganjohn Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The MSE Forum team just replied to my email. They suggested refreshing the page which I tried but it didn't help.
  • MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,184 Community Admin
    First Post First Anniversary Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    Options

Please try putting the cursor in the grey quote box, then clicking on the formatting menu (see screenshot below) and clicking the 'Quote' option - this should clear the formatting. 

Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • BootsMullery
    BootsMullery Posts: 2,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Can you click outside the blue quote box and then hold down the back space key until everything has disappeared?
    Bob
  • broganjohn
    Options
    Can you click outside the blue quote box and then hold down the back space key until everything has disappeared?
    Brilliant! That worked. Cheers  :)
  • broganjohn
    Options
    MSE_James said:

Please try putting the cursor in the grey quote box, then clicking on the formatting menu (see screenshot below) and clicking the 'Quote' option - this should clear the formatting. 

Thanks, James. I tried that to no avail. But I got sorted (see below).
  • EzraHawkwind
    EzraHawkwind Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just checking if this works, as I seem to be struggling to post a reply to comments at the moment. I keep getting the message that it is '9 characters too short', whatever the heck that means:(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback