Window shutters wrong size.

Options
Hello,
We ordered 2 window shutters , cost £1100 and received them yesterday , however they have 4 panels , not 3 that we ordered , they are bespoke sizes.
They would look horrible if fitted so I asked the seller to supply the correct shutters.
They sent email reply showing the order but did not address the fact that they are not what we ordered.
I paid with Halifax credit card .
What can I do now ? Help appreciated .

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Does the order clearly show something different?

If so, you could pursue a chargeback or s75 if the retailer won't rectify.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,451 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You'll have chargeback or section 75 refund remedies available via Halifax if you can demonstrate that you haven't received what you paid for, but probably worth pursuing further with the supplier first if you still feel that they can supply what you want....
  • Karhut
    Karhut Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you, the order shows clearly the right sizes were ordered 3 panels but we received 4 panel shutters that will look terrible as the post won’t match window posts.
    They received a photo of the windows and detailed drawing showing 3 panels.
    clearly not want we received.
  • Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Karhut said:
    They sent email reply showing the order but did not address the fact that they are not what we ordered.
    Why not go back to the company? Even the best companies sometimes send duff replies.

If you approach Halifax the likelihood is that they is they would initially attempt a chargeback which takes the money from the merchants account and so a fairly high chance they would then come back to you pointing out you've now not paid for the goods you are in possession of

If the chargeback is declined then the next path is a S75 claim which can take months to be processed as the monies are coming from the banks own pocket. All which points to it being better to try and get the retailer to resolve first.
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,548 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Sandtree said:
    Karhut said:
    Why not go back to the company? Even the best companies sometimes send duff replies.

If you approach Halifax the likelihood is that they is they would initially attempt a chargeback which takes the money from the merchants account and so a fairly high chance they would then come back to you pointing out you've now not paid for the goods you are in possession of

I'm not sure I see this as a problem, so long as the OP is willing to allow the supplier to collect their goods at their own cost.
  • Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    WillPS said:
    Sandtree said:
    Karhut said:

I'm not sure I see this as a problem, so long as the OP is willing to allow the supplier to collect their goods at their own cost.
    Not saying it is a problem, but in the Consumer Rights section you get a lot of people that are panicked because they did a chargeback and then receive a letter before action from the merchant that they will be issuing court proceedings to claim the monies owed... obviously this is compounded in some cases when the poster has disposed of the broken/malfunctioning/wrong item after the bank gave them their money back.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback