Aquiss - installation times

Options
Has anyone recently had fibre broadband from Aquiss
How long did the installation take from ordering . They are saying around 16+ working days
I dont want to be left without broadband for weeks and weeks ans my virgin contract 30 day cancellation ends in 3 weeks

Comments

• HaroldWren5
    HaroldWren5 Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    nyck said:
    How long did the installation take from ordering . They are saying around 16+ working days
    I dont want to be left without broadband for weeks and weeks ans my virgin contract 30 day cancellation ends in 3 weeks

Are you looking to get FTTP via Openreach? Usually there is something like a 2 week window which is outlined on the broadband provider's options for a specific Start Date when you sign up. 
  • nyck
    nyck Posts: 147 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 April 2022 at 8:41PM
    Options
    nyck said:

Are you looking to get FTTP via Openreach? Usually there is something like a 2 week window which is outlined on the broadband provider's options for a specific Start Date when you sign up. 

Yes its FTTP via Openreach . Sadly not Cityfibre as Vodafone had a 900Mbps deal for £29 :'(
    Spoke to BT via online chat and they said they are resuming installs in May ,not sure why they stopped .She couldnt give me any date until i signed up . As i mentioned above ive got about 3 weeks to get it installed 
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,510 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    nyck said:
    nyck said:

Yes its FTTP via Openreach . Sadly not Cityfibre as Vodafone had a 900Mbps deal for £29 :'(
    Spoke to BT via online chat and they said they are resuming installs in May ,not sure why they stopped .She couldnt give me any date until i signed up . As i mentioned above ive got about 3 weeks to get it installed 
    I believe it was paused because of the fuss over landline provision in areas with poor/no mobile signal. Openreach are supposed to be looking at some form of battery back up for the ONT/router to allow a landline for emergencies even when there is a local power outage.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My address went FTTP live 22 days ago. A couple of guys from OR arrived unannounced 9 days later to run fibre from the pavement through an existing duct to my home. It took them about 45 minutes to fit a CSP. An engineer is coming tomorrow to fit the ONT. Unlike FTTC, I heard very little from Aquiss until tomorrow’s appointment came through last week.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback