MSE's reclaim mis-sold car finance loans for FREE guide

Options
MSE_Kit
MSE_Kit Posts: 87 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
edited 15 March at 12:51PM in Reclaim car finance
Hello everyone,

We've written a brand new guide on Reclaiming Mis-sold Car Finance Loans. This is the discussion thread for that guide.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks,

Kit

Comments

• frankflowers
    frankflowers Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 April 2022 at 12:05PM
    Options
    tonyh66 said:
    All im going to say is F,F,S,, does anybody take responsibility for their own financial decisions anymore?
    Are car dealerships not allowed to make any money on a sale? Should we pay car salesmen minimum wage?
    I have never worked in car sales but they provide a service that has to be paid for. I have read through the guide and most of the 'reasons' are pathetic.

Its Claim Britain isnt it?

Wheres theres blame, theres a claim

I can imagine the swathes of people now claiming because they "cant afford" the car that they happily signed up for when it was shiny and new.

People need to take responsibility for their own actions. 
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tonyh66 said:
    All im going to say is F,F,S,, does anybody take responsibility for their own financial decisions anymore?
    Are car dealerships not allowed to make any money on a sale? Should we pay car salesmen minimum wage?
    I have never worked in car sales but they provide a service that has to be paid for. I have read through the guide and most of the 'reasons' are pathetic.

I've gone one further and reported the post - I can cope with the legal scammers and their dubious claims but when MSE start to encourage people to challenge decisions they historically and legally signed up to there's something wrong with the world

Hopefully some of the dealer groups will stand up to these claims and people will stop signing up to nice shiny things they can't afford then blame someone else when it goes wrong
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,981 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think I was missold my car. 

It's a clapped out Focus and I paid peanuts.

Noone told me I could have got a shiny new Bentley then whinged about the deal after a little while and end up keeping that for nothing more than the Focus.
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think I was missold my car. 

It's a clapped out Focus and I paid peanuts.

Noone told me I could have got a shiny new Bentley then whinged about the deal after a little while and end up keeping that for nothing more than the Focus.
    Aha, I might finally be able to get my hands on that shiny new Lamborghini I've always wanted.  There's no way I could afford to run it - but then, it appears that'll work in my favour and I'll get to keep it for nowt.
    That guide is dodgy at best.  Next thing, they'll be telling us that car salesman have always earned commission on every car they sell.  Maybe, in fact, the majority of sales-people earn commission?  What a ridiculous notion.

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,242 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Its Claim Britain isnt it?

Wheres theres blame, theres a claim

I can imagine the swathes of people now claiming because they "cant afford" the car that they happily signed up for when it was shiny and new.

People need to take responsibility for their own actions. 
    Oh @frankflowers!  what kind of grammar is that!?!  The line is "it's claim Brittan, innit?"

Yes - I've wondered about all the lack of caveat emptor etc.  That said once at a dealership I had the finance guy (nicely talking down to me, the little woman) tell me not to worry about APR as it really wasn't relevant with car finance.  He couldn't (or wouldn't) explain how the finance was structured either.  Personally I think he expected 1) to be talking to my husband and b) that despite knowing that I worked in finance that I'd be too stupid to understand anything.   
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • ontheroad1970
    ontheroad1970 Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 11 April 2022 at 1:47PM
    Options
    Another unnecessary post encouraging ambulance chasing.  Is MSE trying to get sponsorship from these charlatans?
  • MSE_Kit
    MSE_Kit Posts: 87 MSE Staff
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 12 April 2022 at 9:43AM
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Thanks for all your valued feedback so far. 

For clarification, it's not our intention to encourage people to make a spurious claim when they haven't been mis-sold - rather, this guide is aimed at people who were potentially legitimately taken advantage of.

However, as this is the first incarnation of this guide, we'll be taking your feedback on board as we refine the guide over the coming days and weeks.

Any other feedback you have, please let us know.

Thanks as always and best wishes,

Kit
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport