clearancer Posts: 152
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    27 April £150 paid into my bank account Stockton-on-Tees Council
  • Jemsnation
    Jemsnation Posts: 473
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I should be getting it next week. Only thing is, I've just completed a current account switch (also received the switching bonus) so I'm hoping there are no delays and it just gets sent on like any other payment that happens to get sent to my old account.
    Opinion Panel £50 Lightspeed: £40 Pigsback: £303 Valued Opinions: £365 Media Transfer: £32 Juicy Brains- £30 American Consumer Opinion: £16 Freebie Networks: £220 Cashback Sites: £1503.87 Competitions: £200 Total Cash Value: £2759.87 Last updated: April 2023
  • powerspowers
    powerspowers Posts: 1,101
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Received last week in Amber Valley. It’s been a bit of a nightmare for councils as not everyone pays by direct debit. Don’t get me started on the latest round of the Household Support Fund!
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £5,300 
    MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
    MFW 2024 #27 £500/ £3,600

• Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,418
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I rang my council a couple of weeks ago and was told it was scheduled to be paid between "the end of April and beginning of May"
    Aaaah-Ha!  The trick is out of the bag!
    I think that is impossible - how many days are there between the end of April and the beginning of May?
    Or is it like Platform 9 3/4?
  • Arkad59
    Arkad59 Posts: 10
    First Post
    Forumite
    Nothing received yet and have been on DD for years!

• Bibou22
    Bibou22 Posts: 24
    Forumite
    Received today - Hambleton 
  • My council (Liverpool CC) have said it will start to be paid "from 1st May". I don't know anyone who has recieved it from them yet. I'm in the fortunate position of not relying on it to pay bills currently, unlike some of my friends. Tough times  :(
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,459
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    My council (Liverpool CC) have said it will start to be paid "from 1st May". 
    My council has said the same.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,514
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    My council is saying the same, so I'm not surprised I haven't received mine yet as my DD goes out in the middle of the month.  I'm glad I'm not sitting here anxiously waiting for it.
  • annabanana82
    annabanana82 Posts: 2,945
    Forumite
    My local council have said that it will pay the rebate around a week after your direct debit has been taken. As I tried to set up a DD in March my first payment isn't due until Thursday and I now have to pay over 9 months rather than 10.

Those that don't pay by DD will be contacted from June on how to receive their payment. Curious to find out how they deal with my sibling who whilst entitled to the £150 hasn't paid their council tax n two years.
    Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

Make £2024 in 2024...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport