Flight Cancellation Compensation

Options
Former_MSE_James_F
Former_MSE_James_F Posts: 115 Forumite
First Post
edited 30 May 2022 at 11:14AM in Coronavirus travel help & info
Easyjet and Tui have become the latest airlines to cancel flights at the last minute leaving passengers in the lurch during the school half-term holidays. If your flight is cancelled, you're due an alternative or a full refund. Plus, if it's less than 14 days before departure you could be owed £100s in compensation on top - here's all you need to know. 

Read the full story:
'Hit by half-term Easyjet and Tui cancellations? You're entitled to a new flight or a full refund and likely due £100s in compensation'

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Cross_Man
    Cross_Man Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope they sort out the flight cancellations quickly.

Also, I heard there are strikes planned for next week so that might stop everything.

It is a long time since people have been able to go on holiday so it would seem to be in the collective interest of all in the travel industry to make the return to holidays an outstandingly excellent experience.  With mis-management and strikes all happening, it seems as though the collective travel industry want to drive people away.
  • GingerTim
    GingerTim Posts: 2,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    That, or loads of their staff inevitably have covid.
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As a consequence of masks no longer being worn on flights?
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Still compulsory on easyJet planes 
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Many staff were paid off due to lockdown. 

They have moved on and do not want to come back so new staff have to be recruited, trained, security checked. That all takes time.

Unsocial shifts  make recruitment difficult.

Checks needed  for travel rules to other countries.

On top of that staff absence due to covid.

It will be several weeks until things improve.

The industry clamoured for travel to be opened up but did not seem to realise they no longer had the staff to cope.
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    "Hope they sort out the flight cancellations quickly."

I hope they all get better quickly.

It's only been two years since we've been able to get out and about in the world. We will just have to hang on.

In spite of the government's insistence on ignoring it, coronavirus is still with us and is still making people ill and causing many deaths. 
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 April 2022 at 8:04AM
    Options
    MalMonroe said:

In spite of the government's insistence on ignoring it, coronavirus is still with us and is still making people ill and causing many deaths. 
    The sensible majority aren't ignoring Covid.  The majority are living with it and not expecting everything to return to normal at the flick of a switch. People aren't getting vaccinated. People have a choice. As people are the ones transmitting it.
  • Butts
    Butts Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    missile said:
    As a consequence of masks no longer being worn on flights?
    Not the great panacea you may have hoped for. Masks are still prevalent up here in Scotland and we have the highest rates of covid in the UK !!
  • Butts
    Butts Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Browntoa said:
    Still compulsory on easyJet planes 
    Flew back from Munich on BA with no mask last Monday - brilliant !! Connecting flight to Edinburgh also on BA masks back on.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MalMonroe said:
    "Hope they sort out the flight cancellations quickly."

I hope they all get better quickly.

It's only been two years since we've been able to get out and about in the world. We will just have to hang on.

Having seen the reports of what a zero covid policy looks like in China, I think I'm happy with the notion of looking after myself as best I can rather than be Government controlled.

If I am offered another jab then I'll take it , if I travel on an airline that requires me to wear a mask I'll wear one, but otherwise not. Easyjet have different rules re masks depending on where you are flying to, the latest update I got from them says that mask wearing will be dependent on your route, so if I fly into a country that does not require masks then they will recommend one, but not insist on one. However if you are flying to a country that does require a mask, like Scotland, then you must wear one.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback