Options
13»

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,962 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ciskclar said:
    Thank you for all the responses, much appreciated.
    I have contacted one of the companies offering recovery certificates, here's the response...

-----
    You can apply for a recovery certificate after 11 days of your positive test.

We accept the NHS notification email, text message or app notification that shows your name, date of birth, and test date.  You can take a picture of the screen showing the notification or you can take a screenshot of the message and submit it with your order.
    -----

So i'm guessing a LFT result will suffice, crazy really!
    It almost certainly won't suffice.  The NHS, as far as I'm aware sends no notifications after registering a positive LFT.   They do send e-mails, texts and app notifications for positive and negative PCR tests for obvious reasons.
    You need to check the details with the company you are choosing. A lot of them will issue certificates based on LFT, though they are likely to say that the certificate is evidenced by a LFT which may not satisfy all countries entry requirements.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ciskclar said:
    I have contacted one of the companies offering recovery certificates, here's the response...

-----

We accept the NHS notification email, text message or app notification that shows your name, date of birth, and test date.  You can take a picture of the screen showing the notification or you can take a screenshot of the message and submit it with your order.
    -----

It almost certainly won't suffice.  The NHS, as far as I'm aware sends no notifications after registering a positive LFT.   They do send e-mails, texts and app notifications for positive and negative PCR tests for obvious reasons.
    When the lateral flow test centres were open, I did get a text message confirming a negative result with all my NHS ID info present but they are all now closed. That's why I don't think a self done negative lateral flow would be accepted (with no proof of ID).
  • silvercar
    Options
    katejo said:
    ciskclar said:

-----

-----

When the lateral flow test centres were open, I did get a text message confirming a negative result with all my NHS ID info present but they are all now closed. That's why I don't think a self done negative lateral flow would be accepted (with no proof of ID).
    I think there is some confusion here. The test centres were PCR centres, LFTs were sent in the post or collected from pharmacies or community centres for self administering at home.

From a (self administered at home) LFT you could request an SMS and email be sent to you. From a PCR you would also get an SMS and email.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • ZaSa1418
    ZaSa1418 Posts: 651 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    silvercar said:
    katejo said:
    ciskclar said:

-----

-----

I think there is some confusion here. The test centres were PCR centres, LFTs were sent in the post or collected from pharmacies or community centres for self administering at home.

From a (self administered at home) LFT you could request an SMS and email be sent to you. From a PCR you would also get an SMS and email.
    Some places had lateral flow tests too, we had a huge one close to where i live which did both
    LBM Debt Total : £48,326.50

Pay All Your Debt Off By Xmas 2023 - #50  £1,495.29 / £12,000.00
    Saving For Christmas 2023 - £1 a day challenge - #6 £100/£1095.00
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 April 2022 at 8:33PM
    Options
    silvercar said:
    katejo said:
    ciskclar said:

-----

-----

No confusion at all! There was a large walk in Lateral Flow Covid test centre within 30 mins walk of my house. I went there 3 or 4 times before I started doing my own tests at home. 30 mins later I got a text message with the result. If it had been positive, I would then have had to request a PCR online and go to the other test centre (also 30 mins from my home in the opposite direction.  I never got any LFT's in the post at all. I picked up boxes for home use at the Covid test centre. 
  • silvercar
    Options
    katejo said:
    silvercar said:
    katejo said:
    ciskclar said:

-----

-----

No confusion at all! There was a large walk in Lateral Flow Covid test centre within 30 mins walk of my house. I went there 3 or 4 times before I started doing my own tests at home. 30 mins later I got a text message with the result. If it had been positive, I would then have had to request a PCR online and go to the other test centre (also 30 mins from my home in the opposite direction.  I never got any LFT's in the post at all. I picked up boxes for home use at the Covid test centre. 
    Interesting. I had a PCR testing centre near me that did give out boxes of LFTs at the start but then became a PCR testing centre only. This nearest big town was doing surge testing at one point, but that was PCR only as far as I recall.
  • silvercar
    Options
    silvercar said:
    I am in the same situation, I have covid atm (only have first two vaccinations and wasnt planning on getting the booster) and hoping to travel to Majorca in May. I only have proof of a positive LFT and was wondering if they would need evidence of a positive PCR, which would now have to pay for and then pay for a recovery cert. Lots of mixed info online.
    I had my PCR test on the last day they were testing, OH had a PCR that was negative on that date, then caught Covid from me. Luckily we found someone locally with an unused NHS PCR. We were able to register this in OH's name and have sent it off. Hopefully we will get a positive PCR result tomorrow, which will in turn lead to an NHS recovery certificate.

My advice would be to ask around locally for a spare test.
    According the the NHS covid pass website : To get an NHS COVID Pass for travel ….Only NHS PCR tests done at test sites or hospitals are accepted.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/nhs-covid-pass/who-can-get-an-nhs-covid-pass/who-can-get-an-nhs-covid-pass-for-travel/
    silvercar said:
    silvercar said:
    I am in the same situation, I have covid atm (only have first two vaccinations and wasnt planning on getting the booster) and hoping to travel to Majorca in May. I only have proof of a positive LFT and was wondering if they would need evidence of a positive PCR, which would now have to pay for and then pay for a recovery cert. Lots of mixed info online.
    I had my PCR test on the last day they were testing, OH had a PCR that was negative on that date, then caught Covid from me. Luckily we found someone locally with an unused NHS PCR. We were able to register this in OH's name and have sent it off. Hopefully we will get a positive PCR result tomorrow, which will in turn lead to an NHS recovery certificate.

My advice would be to ask around locally for a spare test.
    According the the NHS covid pass website : To get an NHS COVID Pass for travel ….Only NHS PCR tests done at test sites or hospitals are accepted.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/nhs-covid-pass/who-can-get-an-nhs-covid-pass/who-can-get-an-nhs-covid-pass-for-travel/
    Interesting and odd. The NHS has been sending them to people as many people are not near a testing centre and/or are too ill with covid to make the journey. It also contradicts with the previous sentence "You can get an NHS COVID Pass for travel if you've had a positive NHS PCR test in the past 6 months (not available in the Isle of Man)."

Time will tell. Test was posted back yesterday, so should get the result today and hopefully a recovery certificate in 10 days time.
    I can now confirm, the NHS app will give you a certificate of recovery 10 days after a positive PCR, whether that PCR was taken in a test centre or at home.

I did my PCR at a test centre in the days before the centres closed, OH then caught covid from me, by which time the centres were closed. I was able to get hold of a PCR from someone who had been sent one and OH could register it using his NHS number and post the sample back. He now has a recovery certificate in his NHS app. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback