🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Batteries are they worth it...

Options
124»

Comments

• Screwdriva
    Screwdriva Posts: 1,178 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 7 April 2022 at 6:28PM
    Options
    You are 400 miles further south than me, and so should see about 600kwh a year more especially with your bifacial panels and optimisers, but you don't seem to, that would concern me, but you are happy with them and really that's what matters.
    You may recall that 40% of my system faces an East/ West orientation. We also have a chimney in the middle of the South Facing roof layout (<- pictured), which shades 20% of the South facing panels from 10am-3pm. I'd tweak your comment to say, given the limitations I've just shared, I'm very pleased with the performance to date. That said, I still look for another system in my area for a more accurate comparison, rather than relying on map/ compass comparisons from leagues away. 

I had a 10 year warranty with my Italian inverter and German panels,  which were worth nothing when they went faulty, as the company had went bust.... this is very common in solar.

Those who have growatt and get on well with them, great, I really hope that continues for you, just as I really hope screwdrivas panels and inverter never have to test their warranty.

At the end if the day we all make our own decisions and put our money where we believe, I can only convey my experience in the hope it saves someone having the same bad experiences I've had.

This is exactly why I invested in the brands I did. Greater relative confidence in their warranty and quality of product. Even if one were to look the other way on human rights abuses, geopolitical conflict, IP theft and corporate ethics, there's just no way anyone can claim Chinese brand superiority in these areas. 

And this is why I (and others) have shared the views that we have when it comes to the brands we have/ don't have faith in. To help, but definitely not to cause offense, often localized to some already invested in these brands. 
    -  10 x 400w LG + 6 x 550W SHARP BiFacial Panels + SE 3680 HD Wave Inverter + SE Optimizers. SE London.
    -  Triple aspect. (22% ENE/ 33% SSE/ 45% WSW)
    -  Viessmann 200-W on Advanced Weather Comp. (the most efficient gas boiler sold)

Feel free to DM me if I can help with any energy saving!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure