Track lost device

AliceBanned
AliceBanned Posts: 3,048 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Hi  I lost my Iphone last night and think it may have been stolen. Can anyone recommend a tracing app that I can try? I think these are chargeable but it's worth a shot - I just don't want to get tied into a contract and am in a bit of a state about it all happening so not thinking clearly - typically other stresses as this type of thing then becomes the last straw! When I phone it it goes straight to voicemail, which it never used to do. Does this indicate someone may have stolen it?

I've contacted ID as it is on a contract with them, to block it. I can't get into my ID account because I've forgotten the password, and it sends a code to the device!! I need to get replacement SIm and new device asap but also wanted to see if I could trace the phone. I've looked under the seats in the car so many times as I last saw it in the car but can't remember whether I then put it in my pocket or a bag as I went home from the car. 

Thanks for any advice. I live near a Carphone Warehouse so can go there at lunchtime and try to get a new one and new contract but first just want to try and get the old one, and am baffled as to how it's disappeared into thin air!!

Comments

• 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Have you tried the iCloud find my iPhone method?

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/icloud/mmfc0f2442/icloud
  • AliceBanned
    Thanks I'll try it now!

• AliceBanned
    Thanks, it is showing where it was last seen last night, which is where I went back to (a take away) to see if I had left it there. I wonder whether it fell out of my pocket but I'd be surprised I didn't hear it as it would have fallen on the pavement. I wasn't sure whether it was in the car but someone would have had to break into my car to get it. 
  • AliceBanned
    I've put it on 'lost mode'. It looks like it may have fallen out of my pocket. I've added my landline for people to call me if found but not sure whether they will be able to unlock the phone as I've now blocked it.I didn't know about this 400ix1, thanks it worked well. If I can't find it then I am due an upgrade and unfortunately will have to replace it, but at least I know what happened and wont' keep searching my car a million times. I will have one last look in the daylight as I searched it with a torch last night. 
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It might still show up. All you need for now is a replacement SIM to put in a spare or borrowed handset, no need to jump into a new contract etc.
    Evolution, not revolution
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure