Reporting Forum Rule Breakers

Options
The "Debate House Prices" forum was closed with a request to "Please do not post content intended for this board elsewhere in the forum" but some users are blatantly disregarding this by starting threads on deliberately contentious issues.
The nearest "Report post" option would appear to be "Technical disruption" as the thread is designed to disrupt the site with users debating/arguing but is there a better way to nip these threads in the bud; would it be better/possible to simply have a "Breaks Forum Rules" report option?
Every generation blames the one before...
Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years

Comments

• Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,180 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    edited 19 March 2022 at 7:55PM
    Options

From the Forum rules:

If you see a post or receive a private message that you believe breaches the Forum rules, it can be reported by clicking on the dedicated button on the post, via the blue link at the top of the Forum, or by email to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

To help us review your report, we ask that you:

• Include link/s to each post you are reporting and, if it's a username, a link to the user’s profile. It really helps us if you check that links are working before hitting send too.

• A clear explanation of why you are reporting it and the rule it breaks. For example, is it inappropriate, offensive or unfriendly?

You will receive an automated response confirming receipt of your report. If you don't, please resend it. Your report will be reviewed, and we may ask you for further information. We will then take the relevant action, in line with our rules, or as we deem appropriate to the situation. Once you've reported an issue, please let us deal with it and don't comment or respond about it on the Forum.

Our team works 9-5, Monday-Friday (excluding bank holidays) and we aim to manage all reports as quickly as possible. However, some require investigation and can take several days. With this in mind, please don't chase us as it simply adds to the workload and delays everything further.

I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,184 Community Admin
    First Post First Anniversary Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    Options
    Please don't let the tick boxes put you off reporting something - please choose the closest reason in the list, even if it's not a perfect fit. 

We can usually figure out why something has been reported.

If it's less obvious, you can always reply to the email acknowledgement of your report to add further detail.

Sometimes if we're really puzzled about why someone has hit 'report' we'll reply and ask for a bit more context to understand the issue.

Likewise, if there's more than one reason for reporting a post, you don't need to make two reports. 

We REALLY appreciate everyone who takes the time to report problematic posts - thank you for playing your part in keeping the community safe and supportive for everyone.
    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The "Debate House Prices" forum was closed with a request to "Please do not post content intended for this board elsewhere in the forum" but some users are blatantly disregarding this by starting threads on deliberately contentious issues.
    The nearest "Report post" option would appear to be "Technical disruption" as the thread is designed to disrupt the site with users debating/arguing but is there a better way to nip these threads in the bud; would it be better/possible to simply have a "Breaks Forum Rules" report option?
    Loved Hill Street Blues, still can name most of the cast, brilliant, brilliant show.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback