Annulment and clean break

Do I need a clean break order if I'm getting a annulment?
Thanka

Comments

• 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    V2001 said:
    Do I need a clean break order if I'm getting a annulment?
    Thanka
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6323933/divorce-and-finance-query/p1

So are you not divorcing now?  I thought paperwork had started? 

Has your wife stopped making claims about the house?

Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • V2001
    V2001 Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Yes we getting a annulment. She's not going to make any claims now but surprisingly asking for a clean break order.  I was wondering do you even need one if getting annuled as it's not a divorce.
  • V2001
    Bump.... bump
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,957 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Yes, you need a clean break agreement. Annulment does not severe the financial connection between yourselves. 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • V2001
    tacpot12 said:
    Yes, you need a clean break agreement. Annulment does not severe the financial connection between yourselves. 
    Thanks. I had a house in my sole name before marriage. We was married for 3 months before split and she left. We had no finances together, could she claim anything if she wanted like my house? We always had separate finances. But she never owned any property. 
    I don't think she's after anything now but wanted to check.
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,651 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The norm for a short marriage, less than two years when no children were born, is that each returns to the state they were in before marriage.

You are more at risk if you don't have a clean break now, in case the norm changes.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • V2001
    RAS said:
    The norm for a short marriage, less than two years when no children were born, is that each returns to the state they were in before marriage.

You are more at risk if you don't have a clean break now, in case the norm changes.
    Thanks for reply , is there somewhere where you got this information from? Meaning is it documented somewhere I can read..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback