🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

GO SKIPPY 😤

Options
Hi, 

My car had an accidental bump a few weeks ago and my car has been taken away to be assessed. However I’ve had no contact with go skippy and all claims seem to be processed through Somersby Bridge LTD. I was on hold with Somersby for half hour until eventually got someone who then said the information has now been passed to GO SKIPPY. I’ve phoned up GO SKIPPY and they don’t answer, it’s like neither company exists, very frustrating. Has anyone got any ideas how I can contact GO SKIPPY and also any advice would be great 😊 

ps lesson learnt: don’t go cheap when it comes to car insurance. 

Comments

• Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Was it either a fault or single party collision? Or non-fault multi vehicle?

Presuming you've phoned the existing claim telephone number your only other options are their live chat on the website, email, contact their complaints team by phone or online form or use social media in the hope that they are proactive. If you go to the Contact section of their site they have many more options than on the Claims section.

jj0911 said:
    How do you think they manage to save the costs to reduce the premiums? Unfortunately many people buy on price not value, as promoted by this site, and saying its acceptable for a customer to have an average 30 minutes wait rather than all calls answered in 3 rings is an easy way to cut a few quid from a premium.
  • jj0911
    jj0911 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Sandtree said:

Presuming you've phoned the existing claim telephone number your only other options are their live chat on the website, email, contact their complaints team by phone or online form or use social media in the hope that they are proactive. If you go to the Contact section of their site they have many more options than on the Claims section.

jj0911 said:
    How do you think they manage to save the costs to reduce the premiums? Unfortunately many people buy on price not value, as promoted by this site, and saying its acceptable for a customer to have an average 30 minutes wait rather than all calls answered in 3 rings is an easy way to cut a few quid from a premium.
    Sandtree said:

jj0911 said:
    I was coming into car park at communal housing estate and the bollard rose up and damaged the front of my car. 

I was not at fault as the light showed green but the bollard thought otherwise. No other cars involved.

How or when do I write an email to the car park owners explaining the situation and will they pay for the damages?  
  • Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You should be informing your insurers and they should be taking recovery action... if you have legal expenses cover then someone would be appointed to assist you in getting your excess back and any other out of pocket expenses
  • myrajput2007
    myrajput2007 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Not claim but I had insurance with them, and later decided to go for the full payment option. Sadly, customer service was even worse. Rude, rubbish, unprofessional, egoistic whatever you name it. Seems another world's creature.Asked for a breakdown but there was no response. repeated but same and they were on their end asking or writing the letter you must pay. Finally cancelled my insurance. Anyone, I understand I had to pay but asking for a calculation was wrong and the cancellation??? Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure