IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

APCOA - Keeper/Driver Query

Options
Hi all,

Newbie post, I've read the Newbies thread and think I understand the process to follow (great work by all) Wait 3 weeks from PCN issue date then appeal online via APCOA as keeper, get POPLA code and appeal using std template to suit, again as keeper not driver.

Which leads me to my query, on the day in question the car was inadvertently parked in a 'permit' bay of a station car park, inadequate signage and all that. A ticket was purchased using the APCOA Phone App (Apcoa Connect) by the vehicle keeper, would this in anyway be an admission of who was driving? 

I'll still appeal based on signage etc. but wondering if this point effects who I should appeal as?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,077 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How on earth can they know who was driving if no one tells them?
  • dan37_dan
    dan37_dan Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This day and age of Phone Apps with geo locations etc. or am I over thinking this.
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, you are dealing  a PPC not not Robert Peston   
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • dan37_dan
    dan37_dan Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
      :) Thanks both.
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No you just appeal on pofa issues
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,457 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Wait 3 weeks from PCN issue date then appeal online via APCOA as keeper
    Was this a windscreen ticket placed there by an APCOA attendant, or one issued via the post?  If the former, yes, follow the 25/26 days appeal delay, if the latter, you can get on with the appeal right away, no need to wait. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • scarlettp
    Options
    Sorry to jump on your post, i'm trying to decide what to do as well, my daughter dropped her friend at Terminal 5 at Heathrow on the 19th of Jan, it was dark and she says she didn't see any signs as they were just trying to follow where to drop off, she didn't even get out of the car (not the point I know). The first we knew anything was wrong was at the end of last week (10th of March) she got 2 'REMINDER' letters saying she needs to pay £80, then another 2 today saying the same, all for the same parking charge notice, but she hasn't had anything before so didn't ever get the chance to pay the lower £40 it mentions had she paid earlier. So my question is should I just pay it as she actually didn't pay the £5 so is in the wrong (even though I think it's a complete con and a rip off) or appeal?

Thank you
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 14 March 2022 at 4:34PM
    Options
    scarlettp said:
    So my question is should I just pay it as she actually didn't pay the £5 so is in the wrong (even though I think it's a complete con and a rip off) or appeal?
    You should start your own thread/discussion as it can become confusing trying to answer two posters on one thread.

• scarlettp
    Options
    Le_Kirk said:
    scarlettp said:
    So my question is should I just pay it as she actually didn't pay the £5 so is in the wrong (even though I think it's a complete con and a rip off) or appeal?
    You should start your own thread/discussion as it can become confusing trying to answer two posters on one thread.

ok sorry - i'll do that, i can't see how to delete this one though

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Just let it die.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts