Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

HRH prog won't refund

Booked a music festival with accommodation for March 2022. The event has been postponed until November 2023. Their terms and conditions state no refund only a credit note. Is this legal
y binding as it's over 18 months until the next event.

Replies

• BungleBubbleBungleBubble Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    I am in the same situation. It seems illegal, but I am not sure. One thing is for certain, I am not going to another of their events.
    DO NOT SUPPORT HRH whilst they use unethical business practices.
  • gmakes3gmakes3 Forumite
    3 Posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    I asked Citizens advice and because it's in the T&C's you can't get a refund. It seems wrong to move an event 18 months and different dates and not offer refunds. We've also had the Leeds HRH cancelled and moved to Sheffield and still no refunds. I will never book with them again.
  • edited 13 October at 9:05PM
    onashoestringonashoestring Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 13 October at 9:05PM
    Although it is stated in the T& Cs the terms of the contract still have to be fair .  When an event organiser makes a major change  - such as moving the event from one city to a different one - they should offer customers the choice of a refund or credit note .

Make a formal complaint to HRH stating that you want a refund not a credit note.

If after having received your written complaint they still refuse to give you a refund , you maybe able to try a chargeback or section 75 with your bank  ( if you paid by credit or debit card ) including a copy of your formal complaint .