Easyjet flight cancelled day after Storm Eunice

Hi

We had a flight cancelled on Sat 19th Feb.

Easyjet have refused my claim for compensation due to bad weather, however our flight was the day after Storm Eunice, and weather was absolutely fine. I realise it might have been a knock on effect, but other flights went to/from our departure and arrival airports.

Can I pursue? When i point out the weather was fine on the day of our travel they just ignore me and repeat the line that the flight was cancelled due to bad weather.

Thanks
A

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    I very much doubt you will have any success.  Obviously there would be some flights from that airport, but it doesn't mean that all, or even most, flight schedules were back to normal.   Severe weather disruption is a valid reason to refuse to pay compensation.
  • garlieston
    garlieston Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    chickpie said:
    Hi

We had a flight cancelled on Sat 19th Feb.

Easyjet have refused my claim for compensation due to bad weather, however our flight was the day after Storm Eunice, and weather was absolutely fine. I realise it might have been a knock on effect, but other flights went to/from our departure and arrival airports.

Can I pursue? When i point out the weather was fine on the day of our travel they just ignore me and repeat the line that the flight was cancelled due to bad weather.

Thanks
    A
    Which airports and what times
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family