Questions on pening a Stocks and Shares ISA to accept a PAYE employee shares

Options

Hi

I hope this is the correct forum section. If there is a better place to post let me know.

I have a few questions below.

Ill give the details first, then the questions.

My partner has some SAYE shares maturing on 01/03/22

Due to them being on the insider list, their date is pushed back to 03/05/22

The total value of the shares is currently just over £40,000.

Neither of us have a stocks and shares isa.

We are both going to open one now.

We have not used any of our £20,000 april 2022 allowance.

We have missed the April 2022 cut off for these SAYE shares.

I know there are no CGT to pay on transfering SAYE shares into a S&S isa.

They have to be transfered into a S&S isa within 90 days of maturing or receiving the certificate.

1. Under the SAYE matuing scheme, can my partner gift me 50% of the shares, so that we can both use up our £20,000 allowance and put the full £20,000 each into our own S&S isa? I assume we can as you can gift normal shares to your partner.

2. If my partner does gift 50% to me, whats the process of doing this? Do we have to receive them, then gift 50%, then both transfer £20,000 each into our own S&S isa? or is it done different? I dont want to do it wrong and loose the ability to either gift 50% or loose the CGT allowance by getting them into a S&S isa.

3. There will be a small amount of shares left over once we have used up the £40,000 value. What happens to these? are they just then keps as normal shares?

4. I believe you can not then put the left over shares into a S&S isa., or maybe its just without paying CGT on transfering them in?

5. Can the extra left over shares be transfered into the S&S isa in the following tax year, assuming we dont use up the new £20,000 limit?

6. Can we put these other shares into any other type of ISA or maybe a SSAS?

7. Do we have to physically transfer the £20,000 into the stocks and shares isa via a bank transfer to 'buy' these shares from ourselves? or is it just a digital transaction/trasnfer and no money at current market value actually transfers?

8. What options for providers do we have that will accept this type of shares? I think they have to be able to accept workplace shares.

thanks for your time

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure