When you gift tickets, do you expect to be invited to the event?

13»

Comments

• Spendless said:
    Who am I giving them to and what are they for? If I give 2 tickets to my husband for somewhere we both like then yes I would expect the other ticket to be for me. If I give him 2 tickets for a sporting event when I don't enjoy sports, then no I wouldn't expect the other ticket to be mine. If I gave 2 tickets to my Mum or Dad I would expect them to be for their use not mine. 

As your answer differs from everyone elses on here then i'm just curious why you would give him both tickets and then expect him to ask you to go instead of just saying "I've got us two tickets to go X" ?
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Spendless said:
    Who am I giving them to and what are they for? If I give 2 tickets to my husband for somewhere we both like then yes I would expect the other ticket to be for me. If I give him 2 tickets for a sporting event when I don't enjoy sports, then no I wouldn't expect the other ticket to be mine. If I gave 2 tickets to my Mum or Dad I would expect them to be for their use not mine. 

As your answer differs from everyone elses on here then i'm just curious why you would give him both tickets and then expect him to ask you to go instead of just saying "I've got us two tickets to go X" ?
    Probably because they'd be given as a surprise for him to unwrap, which I'd enjoy more watching him do then me just saying something. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback