Legal representative's costs
Court Claim Form from Highview Parking Ltd/DCB Legal
As in the title I have received Court Claim Form from Highview Parking Ltd/DCB Legal.
I have read the **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou! and I have filled out the Acknowledgment of Service today.
If I understand it correctly I have the time to send the defence until 14 of February ( 33 days from the issue date) is that correct?
Does it matter when I will do it? Should I do it as soon as possible or should I wait till let's say last two weeks?
As advised in the newbie's post I will submit a defence by email to the CCBCAQ email address and I hope I can count on some advice when I will finish writing it. I will try my best but I'm not the best writer lol
When working on defence should I use this standard template - Suggested template defence to adapt for all parking charge cases where they add false admin costs by Coupon-mad or it would be better to rewrite a bit defence by robertcox999 from this post Court Claim received, need a little reassurance that I'm in the right direction ?
I just made myself a bit confused. Should I include the defendant's schedule of costs within the defence or was it in a witness statement?
The PCN is dated 04/05/2019 and it has been taken at Beacon Retail Park Milton Keynes. This car park has a 3-hour free limit and it's operated by ANPR cameras. If I remember correctly we came there to buy some clothes and later we came back to return some unwanted ones ( edit: actually we came back because I have lost my phone and we came back to look for it). The PCN states that Time In:12:56 Time Out: 16:44 which is Duration 03:47:35 so the time in, is when we have entered for the first time and time out is when we left the car park last time although they stating this is one whole long duration.
Looking up the PCN number on their website they don't have any pictures available for this PCN. Picture below
Within defence should I also mention the signs? I have looked up this car park using google view and I can see that at the entrance there is no terms and conditions as the first sign states "please see signage within the car park for full terms and conditions". The rest of the signs within a car park are quite often faced with one direction meaning that if you are behind a sign you might not be aware that there are any signs at all because they are at a significant distance. When looking up by google view I have realised that there is one picture showing a period of time where there were no signs on the lamp posts at all. Can I use google view pictures to show all of that or should I go there to take some pictures? Not a preferable option for me as this is quite far but it can be done, not sure if there is any value in doing this.
What else should I include in my defence? Any advice will be aprecaited
Court Claim Form Details
Claimant = Highview Parking Limited
Legal Firm = DCB legal LTD
County Court Claim Letter Issue date = 12 January 2022
Particulars of the Claim
1. The defendant (D) is indebted to the Claimant (C) for a parking Charge (s) issued to vehicle **** at Beacon Retail Park Milton Keynes.
2. The PCN details are 04/05/2019, 2000010061782
3. The PCN(s) was issued on private land owned or managed by C. The vehicle was parked in breach of the terms on C’s signs (the contract), thus occurring the PCN(s).
4. The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not. D is liable as the driver or keeper. Despite requests, the PCN(s) is outstanding. The contract entitles C to damages.
1. £155 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages
2. Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the county courts Act 1984 from the date hereof at a daily rate of £.0.02 until judgement or sooner payment
3. Costs and court fees.
- All Categories
- 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 601K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244.1K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards