IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Court Claim received, need a little reassurance that I'm in the right direction

edited 23 September 2020 at 9:20AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
118 replies 8.3K views

Replies

• FerrybirdFerrybird Forumite
    97 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    @robertcox999 thanks for sharing this. I'm currently drafting my WS and defence and it's really helpful to see your examples. Good luck with your hearing 🤞🏻
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant work. 
  • Thanks for the praise everyone, a couple of late nights paid off it seems.

By the way, I emailed the court and they said I could just email the video evidence in. So maybe other courts would accept that too
  • One more note, I drove past the car park today and discovered they have put brand new shiny signs and new payment methods in. Of most importance, they have put the new entrance sign angled where it can be seen on entry (unlike when I parked there).

Anyway, I sent my WS yesterday morning. If I record another video or take some pictures would it be too late to include as evidence? The deadline is Tuesday. Can I make amendments to the WS to mention it or should I just submit the pics with a brief note and explain them at the hearing? For example, saying how the new positioning of the entrance sign demonstrates that they must have thought the old positioning was insufficient - why else would they change it? Etc.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    36.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you try it, you'll never know. There's no penalty for trying (other than it not being considered). I think submit via a Supplementary WS. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    105.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I'd say add a short Supplementary WS with evidence that they have changed the car park, taken to be an admission that it was inadequate.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD