How to connect three units

in Techie Stuff
26 replies 551 views
laserbeamlaserbeam Forumite
125 Posts
Third Anniversary 10 Posts
Forumite
Iave a Yamaha HTR-5 h830 Amplifier and a Teac Compact  CD player and am having trouble paring them to play CD's.I have the  manual for the CD player but not for the Yamaha.We just Had the CD player and my son gave us the Yamaha and set it all up for us.He has moved home and we have moved the furniture around so the units need to be set up again.I need to connect all thee items.Any advice appreciated

Replies

• grumpycrabgrumpycrab Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    laserbeam said:... we have moved the furniture around so the units need to be set up again.
    Not an expert but I assume you have a set of cables.  Do you have any digital ones?  This picture shows 3 ways of connecting (may not match what you have?)

If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • laserbeamlaserbeam Forumite
    125 Posts
    Forumite
    I forgot to mention that the speakers we have are Celestion F10.I am sure before my son gave us the Yamaha I just connected the CDPlayer to the speakers but may wrong about that.Thank's for the reply
  • edited 19 January at 7:48PM
    debitcardmayhemdebitcardmayhem Forumite
    11K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 19 January at 7:48PM
    you also forgot to tell us the model of the CD player ,
    Edit do you mean Yamaha HTR-5830 also
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖
  • TadleyBaggieTadleyBaggie Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Speakers need to be connected to the amp, unless they are of the powered variety. 
    125 Posts
    Forumite
    Apologies  for not saying the CD Player model which is CD-1260
    and the Yamaha is a HTR -5630 RDS
  • debitcardmayhemdebitcardmayhem Forumite
    11K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Look here for the manual for the Yamaha.https://usa.yamaha.com/products/contents/audio_visual/downloads/manuals/index.html?l=en&c=audio_visual&k=htr-5830 The CD red and white cables go to the cd inputs on the amp and the speakers in the speaker connectors to the front left and right ones

🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖
  • getmore4lessgetmore4less Forumite
    46.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    Note button 12 the speaker select.
    Check that it is set to where you connect the speakers.

• edited 20 January at 11:15AM
    googlergoogler Forumite
    16.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 20 January at 11:15AM
    With a standard phono lead, like this

Connect the Line Out on the rear of the  CD player to the CD input on the amp.

Connect the speaker terminals on the amp to the speakers (what make are the speakers?) with twin-core speaker cable, which will look something like this

Connect positive (red) on the amp to positive (red) on each speaker, leaving the solid bi-wire links in place.

As was said, if you connect the speaker wire to speakers A on the amp, select A with the switch. 

Turn volume down before playing something ..... increase volume slowly to check if working ..... 

125 Posts
    Forumite
    The speakers are: CELESTION Model number F10
    125 Posts
    Forumite
    The main.problem seems to be connecting the speakers to the Amp as there is nowhere to plug in any leads.It seems you either have to get some speaker wire and connect it to the Amp and there is nowhere near me which sells that.Would have to order some from Amazon.Where would I connect the Speaker wire to on the Amp.Thanks for all the replies much appreciated.