When To Expect The Virgin Media Price Rise Email?

Options
Asking for someone else. I had my email over a week ago via email about the price increase from 1st March, does anyone know how long they take to send these out to customers as a relative is awaiting one and wants to cancel and leave VM. I should imagine they will be effected by it since they signed their 18-month contract last January the same time as me and we are on a similar package. If they don't get notification and the price goes up without them being informed, what are their rights?

Comments

• Thomas_Crown
    Options
    I got a letter about the price rise, not an email.
  • DinkyStars
    Options
    I got a letter about the price rise, not an email.
    Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye out for the post. :)
  • DinkyStars
    Options
    Still nothing via email or the post... Getting a little worried now!
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Worried that you wont have to pay a price increase ??
  • Garf
    Garf Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've not had one either. Im sure it will come (Post or Email).
    "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"
  • DinkyStars
    Options
    JJ_Egan said:
    Worried that you wont have to pay a price increase ??
    Worried if sent via the post it has not arrived and the price will go up without notifying me!
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,600 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can always phone them and ask. even before you get a human you'll probably get the automated offer of a discount if you choose the "thinking of leaving" option. Assuming an increase is pending of course. Does the person concerned normally get VM bills by email? If so, that is the way the price increase notification could come. Check the spam filter on the VM webmail too - I found a missing email from Virgin in there when I looked at mine!

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• DinkyStars
    Options
    victor2 said:
    You can always phone them and ask. even before you get a human you'll probably get the automated offer of a discount if you choose the "thinking of leaving" option. Assuming an increase is pending of course. Does the person concerned normally get VM bills by email? If so, that is the way the price increase notification could come. Check the spam filter on the VM webmail too - I found a missing email from Virgin in there when I looked at mine!

Thanks for the reply. I did actually call them this morning but didn't get the option of going to cancellations, but I did ask who I spoke to was the account holder bills increasing from March and they said no. As for the e-bills Virgin communicate via email to my dad with bills notifications etc. they all come to an email I have set up for him and I regularly check the spam folder, dad doesn't do technology himself! I guess he's not affected by the price increase which I admit I find strange since we were on similar packages and agreed new contracts days apart in 2021.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback