Problems contacting the site by email.

Emailing the addresses fakead@moneysavingexpert.com and forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com have both just given a delivery failure notice. Is it their problem or mine?

Comments

• Teapot55
    Teapot55 Posts: 729 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    I emailed the second one of the email addresses you’ve given above yesterday and I didn’t get any messages about non-delivery. Mind you, I didn’t get a ‘message received’ notification either. 

would've . . . could've . . . should've . . .

A.A.A.S. (Associate of the Acronym Abolition Society)

There's definitely no 'a' in 'definitely'.
  • susansue
    susansue Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for your reply. I am trying to forward a fake Martin Lewis phishing email. I have just tried again and still have the same problem with both email addresses.  The error message is:

(MAILER-DAEMON@aol.com)To:you
    554: Email rejected due to security policies - 

Does anyone have any ideas?

• k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    susansue said:
    Thanks for your reply. I am trying to forward a fake Martin Lewis phishing email. I have just tried again and still have the same problem with both email addresses.  The error message is:

(MAILER-DAEMON@aol.com)To:you
    554: Email rejected due to security policies - 

Does anyone have any ideas?

Yes - nothing to do with this site anyway - just mark as spam/block sender/repeat when the next one comes
  • susansue
    Ok, I have answered my own question. I was able to send a jpg screen grab of the fake email and send it as an attachment without problems.
    It looks like something in the email was triggering a security alert when I tried to forward it.
    It's a shame it didn't do that to stop it getting to my inbox in the first place.
  • susansue
    #k3lvc

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I was trying to forward this spam/[phishing email as suggested on this site. I have had a few similar ones lately all from different addresses, so blocking doesn't really help.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback