2»

Comments

• bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,129 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sandtree said:
    Emmia said:
    Are you sure someone isn't trying to scam you, having intercepted email etc.

Did you use the number on.the email, or from a brochure /website that you had already?
    Especially given the thread the other month about someone who was convinced into making a bank transfer and turned out to be a rogue employee giving their own overseas account.

It'd be sensible to call them back at a later time on the number you have for them and checkout the story.

Also worth reading the T&Cs on their ability to change them
    Just worth noting for the sake of clarity that the reported fraud issue was not with RSD Travel being discussed in this thread, but another separate agent.  Still a very good warning though as to what can happen.

Glad the OP got it sorted.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 January 2022 at 11:51PM
    Options
    Credit where credit's due (excuse the pun) - Thank you to all those who contributed here.
    Also - Following my written complaint today, I got a call from the UK Managing Director of RSD and, following negotiation, they are to give us £100 off of the remaining balance which may be paid by credit card when their payment platform is reinstated.
    All's well that ends well and I hope anyone else who has a similar experience with RSD Travel stands up to them for the proper outcome. 
    Just to be clear - did RSD blame the credit card company for a technical failure ?
    Or, did they give another reason for their insistence on payment by a different method ?

• PoodleTOodler
    Options
    Credit where credit's due (excuse the pun) - Thank you to all those who contributed here.
    Also - Following my written complaint today, I got a call from the UK Managing Director of RSD and, following negotiation, they are to give us £100 off of the remaining balance which may be paid by credit card when their payment platform is reinstated.
    All's well that ends well and I hope anyone else who has a similar experience with RSD Travel stands up to them for the proper outcome. 
    Just to be clear - did RSD blame the credit card company for a technical failure ?
    Or, did they give another reason for their insistence on payment by a different method ?

In their own words "Our payment provided, who we have used for the previous 9 years, no longer has a licence to be able to take payments in the UK. This was brought to out attention in November and we have been working to get a new provider in place. Unfortunately, this has not been implemented in the  time frame we required. We were under the impression that all cards already in the system would still be valid and we would be able to process the payment. However, we have not been able to process any cards since 31.12.2021."
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 January 2022 at 5:32PM
    Options
    Who was that payment provider ?
    Presumably a new one is now operational?
  • PoodleTOodler
    Options
    Who was that payment provider ?
    Presumably a new one is now operational?
    You'll see it on the payment portal on their website but doesn't say who is hosting the platform. Also, the page doesn't link to the next page to enable payments. There's currently no operational provider.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,227 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I imagine that after filling in the details on that page you would be taken to a payment page which would give you the name of the card processing company.

• PoodleTOodler
    Options
    martindow said:
    I imagine that after filling in the details on that page you would be taken to a payment page which would give you the name of the card processing company.

"the page doesn't link to the next page to enable payments. There's currently no operational provider."
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback