A Jolly Holly Christmas - It's the 2022 Christmas Chatter Thread!

Options

Comments

• Beshki
    Beshki Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pair of Pjs bought. Not in the sale but were out of stock this time round and have just come back in, she loved them too so good to have something lovely to put away :) 
  • princesskitty29
    Options

Even though a lot of us haven’t rushed out for the sales it sounds like we’re still picking up some good bits and pieces! I had to take some stuff back to Matalan and The Range yesterday and I had a little look but there wasn’t loads of sale stuff in there anymore. There are actually other shops at this retail park I went to but I just didn’t feel like looking yesterday, if there were any good bargains I don’t know about them so it can’t hurt me! I’ve gone into proper hibernation mode at the moment. The White Stuff scarf I bought for my auntie in the online Next sale came yesterday and it’s great. It’s a padded scarf with a hole at one end and once it’s around your neck you push the other end through it, I tried it to see how practical it is and it was great, it will be lovely and warm which will be great for her as she does a lot of walking.

DS1 recently discovered Nativity and Nativity 2 on Netflix, considering I love Christmas and Christmas films I can’t believe I’ve never seen them! They’re really great. He keeps putting them on, whilst I don’t normally watch Christmas films all year I don’t really mind, it’s nice to still see a bit of Christmas when January is so dreary!

Coxy thank you for letting me know about the cross stitch thread, I’ll definitely take a look.

Treasurequeen it sounds like there are a few of us who are organised with buying but get behind with everything else! Perhaps we can cheerlead each other this year to chivvy us along a bit earlier. I also love the idea of an ice cream hamper and was thinking of doing one for my BiL and his wife. I would say a bath bomb would be fine, they’re hardy things! Good to hear of another cross stitcher on here!

Beshki it's always comforting to have things stashed away ready for next Christmas.  :smile:
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    I ordered cards from WH Smith today, don't usually think of going in there (our local branch is like the dumping ground for all of the unwanted stuff) but they were reasonably priced and easy to buy :)  Also got the individual cards for those I need to buy for, but it was difficult not getting one for my mum as she may not be here then :( Also got a couple of small gifts for those who may be in the local refugee accommodation. Can only get small things as they can be moved from here with literally 1 hours notice, so need to be small enough to take with them.

Will think about what to get this year, niece will have dropped off the gift list as hopefully she will be working :) She is on her final placement for psychiatric nursing, so in theory, she should not find it difficult to get a job. Scary how quickly they all grow up :( On the plus side, the bubb in the family will be 2, so plenty of years ahead to enjoy!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Beshki
    Options
    Yes it was WH Smith I got the cards too. Really pleased that’s done :smile:
  • Beshki
    Options
    Beshki said:
    I have just found this thread so I hope you don't mind me joining you.

Disney store have a good sale on.

https://www.shopdisney.co.uk/sale

My husband is fed of seeing the disney boxes being delivered (they are part of the fun; the grandkids love colouring them in as they have Disney pictures inside).  They do offers, even on the sale items, which has meant I have been able to get some additional Christmas gifts cheaper than the sale price or, even better for the budget, free.
    Just had a quick look through, and there are some great bargains on there. Sadly I have no children or Disney lovers to buy for!

Fatface have a good sale on, their socks/beanies etc are what I would usually buy full price so may put a few away.
    I influenced myself there! :lol:

Just went onto FF Sale and bought two bobble hats, two pairs of men’s boxers and 5 pairs of socks! All delivered for a total of £34 which actually, is really very good. Although I don’t really have that cash to spare, I’ll be so glad come December that I’ve got them. And to be fair, I do buy all those sorts of things from there anyway full price as they’re such good quality, always last well. So I’m quite pleased really :) 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback