A Jolly Holly Christmas - It's the 2022 Christmas Chatter Thread!

Options

Comments

• Redredrobin
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread .

A very quiet Christmas and new year here , a few tears when Dd opened the felt figure of the pooch i had made for her before we had to put him to sleep but she loved it .

i have had a little look in a few of the sales and managed to buy 9/24 lucky dip advent items for Dd , and I've discovered Groupon ( better late than never ) so I've got a lovely set of stud earrings coming for her for Christmas.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    slm6002 said:
    CJ I thought I would forget what I had already wrapped, so took a picture on my phone before wrapping to help me remember
    @slm6002 Oh, that’s brilliant! What a great idea 😁
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    2022 isn't off to the greatest start spent 4 days practically bedridden with one of the worst migraine ever  :'( I think the serious lack of sleep finally caught up with me and now dd's boyfriend has tested positive for covid he felt fine yesterday morning had a bit of headache after work and then woke up this morning with a nasty cough and feeling exhausted. Dd's just started a new job this week so lousy timing if she needs time off she needs to do lft everyday before going in if she stays symptom free so need to try and source some as they have been oos everywhere locally.

Haven't been to any shops other than the supermarket yet this year so probably missed out on any bargains but I don't really need anything so trying to spend as little as possible this month- I'm hoping we might be able to actually have a proper holiday this year so want to start saving for that - I'm trying to think positive and hoping this year we'll finally start getting back to a more normal life and covid will become more like the seasonal flu -we'll have to live with it and vaccinate the vunerable but it won't keep shutting everything down 

still waiting on a couple of presents I ordered before xmas 1 is stuck with hermes despite being sent next day delivery and some still haven't even been dispatched despite multiple emails saying they are sorry for the delay and they would be sent as soon as possible. 

Need to take down the last of the decs today - Taz wants to keep the tree up so trying to think of a theme to switch to the only one I could think of was valentines day but it seems a bit early for that?  Any suggestions much appreciated

Princesskitty my goals this year are very similar   I would like to have a holiday abroad too if things settle down 
    How are your parents doing?
    I def need to be more organised for xmas as I start of well but then it all somehow ends up being kind of rushed last minute. while it still ended up being later than I hoped and a bit of a rush I actually manage to get everything wrapped before xmas eve last year. I do like the idea of wrapping as I go but I usually have to jenga things into a case and not sure that will work if they are wrapped. I've also found more places are cutting back on packaging and have open front boxes which makes it more awkward.

Cj I'll have to check out aliexpress - I left it too late last year
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback