Cheque bounced

Options
In November and out of blue I received a letter from Allianz telling me that JD Williams had in fact mis-sold me the PPI insurance and that they were investigating it. They wrote to me again and had attached a cheque which I banked on the 23rd.  The cheque bounced.  I can’t get through to anybody. Has anyone else had this? 

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What reason was given for the cheque being bounced? 
  • meeshap2399
    Options
    Advice of drawing required 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That doesn't really mean much, can you show an image of the letter so we can see the precise wording - editing your personal details obviously.
  • meeshap2399
    meeshap2399 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 18 January at 9:20PM
    Options
    That doesn't really mean much, can you show an image of the letter so we can see the precise wording - editing your personal details obviously.
    Thank you
  • meeshap2399
    Options
    I spoke to my bank asking if the cheque had been represented and he said it has been recalled 
  • smashinglynaive
    Options
    You've paid nearly 5 grand in PPI to JD Williams?
  • meeshap2399
    Options
    No that’s with interest 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You've paid nearly 5 grand in PPI to JD Williams?
    with interest at 8% a year etc it all adds up
  • smashinglynaive
    Options
    No that’s with interest 
    Even with statutory interest that's an incredible amount for catalogue purchase PPI.  Are you really sure this is the correct amount?  Is that not, perhaps, the reason why they appear to have cancelled the cheque?
  • meeshap2399
    Options
    No that’s with interest 
    Even with statutory interest that's an incredible amount for catalogue purchase PPI.  Are you really sure this is the correct amount?  Is that not, perhaps, the reason why they appear to have cancelled the cheque?
    No all the account details are correct.  I do have a break down of it but that’s not the issue here.  I had already had a small payout many years ago which wasn’t the correct amount which is I was approached.  

Why would the cheque bounce if it wasn’t agreed? I should never have received it if that was the case surely? 
    I have seen that there has been/is a court case between jd Williams and Allianz though 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback