in Credit Cards
68 replies 6.6K views
123457»

Replies

• FingerbobsFingerbobs Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    EarthBoy said:
    I've just received a replacement Cashback Barclaycard (former Egg Money) and it's the old embossed design.
    Furthermore, the start date is next month, after expiry of the previous card. So I have to wait until the old card expires before I can start using the new one. I'm pretty sure I've never had that before with any card; there's always been an overlap.
    I've noticed this before with Barclaycard.  My Platinum Barclaycard was renewed two years ago and the dates didn't overlap. Confusingly, they sent me an email advising that the new card was on its way and that I should start using it as soon as it arrived. Obviously, I couldn't do that because the new card wasn't valid until after the old one expired. 

I messaged Barclaycard about it and they agreed the email was wrong and confusing. They promised they would ensure it wouldn't happen again. My current card expires in December, so I'll be interested to see whether they've corrected the email this time. 
    This is what my email says:

Your new card’s
    on the way
    There’s a brand new Barclaycard blazing
    a trail to your doormat, with one simple mission – to replace your current card
    when it expires at the end of February.
    Keep an eye out
    Your new card should drop through your letterbox within 10 days. When the new card arrives, you can go ahead and cut up your old one.
    We’re here to help
    If your card hasn’t arrived within 10 days just call us on 0800 151 0900 and we’ll sort it out for you.

The email says I can cut up my old card as soon as the new one arrives, but the card carrier letter says I can only start using the new card from the valid from date printed on it (I appreciate that may not necessarily be true, but that's what the letter says). Confusing messages.

• edited 1 March at 8:13PM
    GTR_KingGTR_King Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 1 March at 8:13PM
    Has anyone got picture of the new Barclaycard design? 

I have changed to Barclaycard Cashback which will happen on 9th March next statement date as will be sent just after that.

They do 2 Avios Mastercards but wasn't interested in them and was only Eligible for one 
  • dr_adidas01dr_adidas01 Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    GTR_King said:

I have changed to Barclaycard Cashback which will happen on 9th March next statement date as will be sent just after that.

They do 2 Avios Mastercards but wasn't interested in them and was only Eligible for one 
    The one on the website looks like the first picture, the second picture is what mine looks like updated in Apple Pay recently. 

Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • Se1LadSe1Lad Forumite
    295 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    GTR_King said:

You might get the existing design card - as per the website:

Have you seen our new card designs?

We’ve redesigned our range of Barclaycards, making them more contemporary, kinder to the environment and simpler to use.

As well as the fresh look, our new Platinum, Forward and Rewards cards are made from recycled plastic. To keep things green, we’ll use up our stock of the older designs when reissuing or replacing your card. If you don’t already have a Barclaycard, you’ll get the new design if you successfully apply for your first card with us.

And while the design is changing, your Barclaycard service isn’t – your card will still offer all the features you enjoy today.

You might still see images of our old, horizontal cards on our websites as we continue to update them.

• edited 1 March at 10:15PM
    GTR_KingGTR_King Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Forumite
    edited 1 March at 10:15PM
    ooh hopefully I will get the new design card, will see what happens when my card arrives 
  • GTR_KingGTR_King Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Forumite
    update: new Barclaycard in Apple Pay looks like new design 
  • Se1LadSe1Lad Forumite
    295 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    GTR_King said:
    update: new Barclaycard in Apple Pay looks like new design 
    When I set up my new iPhone I got the new design in Apple Pay even though I have the previous card.
  • GTR_KingGTR_King Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Forumite
    Ooh thx well I changed from cashback so let’s see what happens