Wizz Air - Schedule change notification - Can they?

Options
Hi,

I booked a holiday to Greece for next May/June half term for our family of three, back in September. I've just recieved two emails in the past few days to say:

We regret to inform you that there has been a schedule change that affects your flight(s) under confirmation code ******. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this change may cause.

You have been automatically re-booked to another flight. In case you have been re-accommodated to a flight which operates outside of the original country of arrival or departure, you will still be able to choose original routes to re-book to (subject to availability of seats) when choosing re-booking option below.

Both flights have had their schedule changed and effectively this reduces our week away by a day and a half. We've been automatically recheduled onto different flights. It says I can rebook different flights, but presumably they are going to charge for the difference in flight cost. The tickets were around £160 each now on nearby days they are far higher. If so, what was the point in booking in advance. I also have airport parking, insurances, car hire and accomodation booked off the back of these flights.

Also, when I go to rebook, the website just states: 
 Information
There is a change on your booking. We will inform you via e-mail soon. Please return back soon to see the changes.

What can be done? Nothing and just suck it up or cancel presumably?

Thanks,

T23

Comments

• onashoestring
    Options
    If these were booked separately and not as a package holiday then your options are limited. 

Your rights to refunds etc will be based on the time difference between the original flight and the new one - 

In the current circumstances these flights times could well change multiple times before May/ June .

Hopefully you have booked the airport parking, insurances, car hire and accomodation on flexible terms that will allow you to cancel/ reschedule? 
  • NSG666
    NSG666 Posts: 981 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have a look at your booking T&Cs. Ask them about moving to a suitable flight if they have them available +-1day or get a refund. Used both these options no problem / no extra charge with Ryanair.
    Sorry I can't think of anything profound, clever or witty to write here.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    NSG666 said:
    Have a look at your booking T&Cs. Ask them about moving to a suitable flight if they have them available +-1day or get a refund. Used both these options no problem / no extra charge with Ryanair.
    Tend to agree. Best be proactive. Check what current options are available so when you do get hold of WizzAir you know and can be clear about what you would like.

You have not mentioned your full routing. Keep in mind that there may be other schedule changes between now and May/June.  Today for example WizzAir secured 15 new slot pairs at Gatwick for next year and in light of this have announced that they will base another 4 aircraft at the airport. I’m sure they will announce new routes and possible rejiggle existing timings.
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    With Wizz you can change the suggested options they give you for free (I used this to move to the lunchtime flight a few years ago to Warsaw instead of the evening one when the one I'd booked was around £30 and the lunchtime was around £100) either 7 days before or 60 days after, the flight change was 5 minutes.

If this option doesn't suit, you can claim either 120% in Wizz Credit or a 100% cash refund.

if you log into your account and click the booking, you'll find the options here. I will be changing this 2 weeks before the outbound to the return the next day as I won't be in Poland when the suggested flight leaves (they've cancelled the evening flight on this day and moved me onto the morning one, to change dates you need the 'start re-booking' option of the choices highlighted in blue.

There will be nothing to pay in any event, which is good as I paid £36 return for both of us on the return booking, and the 120% credit is good for 2 years (but can be transferred back to your bank if you wish, you have to fill out a form for this).

💙💛 💔
  • tekton23
    tekton23 Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks all! So it changed again over Christmas. I've just checked back and have succesfully been able to move the outbound flight back to the original date at an earlier (more suitable) time. So overall, no major loss. I've also been able to update the airport parking too.

I wonder how many more times I'll have to do this.....!

Happy Xmas all!
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    tekton23 said:
    Thanks all! So it changed again over Christmas. I've just checked back and have succesfully been able to move the outbound flight back to the original date at an earlier (more suitable) time. So overall, no major loss. I've also been able to update the airport parking too.

I wonder how many more times I'll have to do this.....!

Happy Xmas all!
    You don't specify where you are going, but please check this isn't one of the routes being moved to Gatwick.

From experience, Wizz schedules are typically confirmed 6 weeks to 2 months ahead.
    💙💛 💔
  • Aida88
    Aida88 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    tekton23 said:
    Hi,

I booked a holiday to Greece for next May/June half term for our family of three, back in September. I've just recieved two emails in the past few days to say:

We regret to inform you that there has been a schedule change that affects your flight(s) under confirmation code ******. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this change may cause.

You have been automatically re-booked to another flight. In case you have been re-accommodated to a flight which operates outside of the original country of arrival or departure, you will still be able to choose original routes to re-book to (subject to availability of seats) when choosing re-booking option below.

Both flights have had their schedule changed and effectively this reduces our week away by a day and a half. We've been automatically recheduled onto different flights. It says I can rebook different flights, but presumably they are going to charge for the difference in flight cost. The tickets were around £160 each now on nearby days they are far higher. If so, what was the point in booking in advance. I also have airport parking, insurances, car hire and accomodation booked off the back of these flights.

Also, when I go to rebook, the website just states: 
     Information
    There is a change on your booking. We will inform you via e-mail soon. Please return back soon to see the changes.

What can be done? Nothing and just suck it up or cancel presumably?

Thanks,

T23
    " Information
    There is a change on your booking. We will inform you via e-mail soon. Please return back soon to see the changes. " 

Sorry to bother you after so long but I'm having the same problems with Wizzair. They have rescheduled my return flight by anticipating by one day ( from 16 June 2022 to 15 June 2022 ). And that's ok for me. But I can't accept the change because I get the same message that you mentioned. After how many days you could accept or change the rescheduled bookings?
    Thanks in advance.
  • tekton23
    tekton23 Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Aida,

Yes, in the end it took around 24 hours before I could make the change on their system. I hope this is ok for you and it does not affect your plans too much.

All the best,
    T23
  • Stephen333
    Stephen333 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been notified by email of a schedule change with the same wording, but when I look at it there has been NO change whatsoever. The flight times and everything else is exactly the same! When I log in to my Wizzair account there is nowhere to 'Accept'. Totally confused now!  
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a look at the flight numbers. Have these changed slightly?  Eg W6 5545 to W8 5545.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback