🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Aqua Reward Credit Card

Options
Does anybody else have an Aqua Reward CC? Can you still see your statements with your cashback balance?

I know they've recently pulled the card but I've had mine since 2018. I have paperless statements but used to be able to log into my account and view a properly generated PDF statement which lists the cashback. The only statements that can be downloaded now are the .CSV generated files.

Comments

• Se1Lad
    Se1Lad Posts: 341 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I can download pdf statements through the iPhone app:

These show total cashback on the last page:

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As Se1Lad says, I can download a PDF using the Android app.
  • penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,818 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There are pdf statements available in the app still. 
  • Baoser
    Baoser Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks all. I must admit I've not embraced mobile banking. Paranoia I guess. Even with online banking I have to turn off the wifi on my router first.

Just checked the web version today and it looks like the option to download the PDF statement is back. Just glad to see they haven't cancelled the cashback.
  • penners324
    Options
    I'm all in by using Starling...
  • penners324
    Options
    I've been online only since 2001 when my main account was Cahoot. Online to app wasn't an issue
  • SebH
    SebH Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Just to clarify what may have been going on with the OP’s initial confusion: the PDF statement in online banking (and the mobile app) which shows the cashback doesn’t seem to be available for a day or two after a new statement is first generated. This is the case every month.

I’ve always assumed it’s likely because something has to be updated in the system to allow for the PDF to be generated, and it must take place during some kind of overnight processing.

So this is not surprising at all, it’s quite normal.
  • jbrassy
    jbrassy Posts: 686 Forumite
    Options
    Baoser said:
    Thanks all. I must admit I've not embraced mobile banking. Paranoia I guess. Even with online banking I have to turn off the wifi on my router first.

Why? Online banking logins are encrypted? Who else is going to have access to your router? Why not just change the password on your router if you're that worried?
  • Baoser
    Options
    SebH said:
    Just to clarify what may have been going on with the OP’s initial confusion: the PDF statement in online banking (and the mobile app) which shows the cashback doesn’t seem to be available for a day or two after a new statement is first generated. This is the case every month.

I’ve always assumed it’s likely because something has to be updated in the system to allow for the PDF to be generated, and it must take place during some kind of overnight processing.

So this is not surprising at all, it’s quite normal.

That does seem to make sense. I had just reached my billing cycle and wanted to log in to check my cashback. I just thought the PDF document was an auto generated mail merge. Didn't think there may still be somebody there in the background putting the document together.
  • Baoser
    Options
    jbrassy said:
    Baoser said:

Why? Online banking logins are encrypted? Who else is going to have access to your router? Why not just change the password on your router if you're that worried?

Yes I do do online banking. It's mobile banking I don't do. I still don't trust all this data flying through the air. And for this reason I turn off wifi before I log into my online banking.

As for the router, yes I've changed the password. I've also changed the SSID so anybody 'browsing' won't know my ISP/router I use. I even go one better and when entering my passwords I use the On Screen Keyboard (OSK) so if I've inadvertently picked up a keylogger they will only register mouse clicks.

Nothing is unhackable. It's just a matter of time, experience and determination. I don't know if my next door neighbour is a member of Anonymous or not.  :smile:   (Yes I work in IT)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure