IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Premier Park Ltd Vs Fighter1986

Options
124»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yay, do tell us more about how it went please and what was the winning point, as it always helps others.

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

Well done.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fighter1986
    Options
    Yay, do tell us more about how it went please and what was the winning point, as it always helps others.

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

Well done.
    He wasn't convinced that an enforceable contracted existed between myself and the claimant as I had sought permission from what could be reasonably interpreted as "A higher authority" (i.e. receptionist) and displayed an NHS Visitors Permit from the trust in question in my windscreen.

Ironically, and hilariously, it was the claimants evidence - their photo of the PCN attached under my windscreen wiper - which included the evidence which the judge relied upon to dismiss the case - the presence of the visitors permit on my dashboard.

• Coupon-mad
    Options
    Haha, hoist by their own petard!

Nicely done.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Haha, hoist by their own petard!

Nicely done.
    I was going to post that this morning but concerned about how many people would know what I was taking about.  Seems I was wrong to worry!
  • Fighter1986
    Options
    The judge did ask if I had any evidence to provide and I merely stated that the only evidence I wish to rely upon was that provided by the claimant already. 

Erring on arrogance but absolutely worth it in the end.

I do get the distinct impression that these district judges are biased against parking enforcement agencies and will find any reason to throw their case out.

They seem to have a superbly dry and droll sense of humour too. 
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 4 February 2022 at 3:16PM
    Options

They seem to have a superbly dry and droll sense of humour too. 
    I've found that too!

In one 2019 in-person hearing, when I eventually drew breath after going off on one about the reasons why the added £60 'costs' were false snd unrecoverable, the Judge looked over his specs at me and said " I think you've made your point, indeed you've clubbed it to death as if we were watching a Canadian seal cull"!
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Maybe the judge was Canadian (from Canadia) they also have a very dry sense of humour.
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I do get the distinct impression that these district judges are biased against parking enforcement agencies and will find any reason to throw their case out.

One would hope so.  The industry must waste a terrific amount of court time with spurious claims.  Perhaps they think that CC Judges are fools, they are not.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback