Vent - Boots Repeat Prescriptions

Options
Do like me wonder, when you collect your prescription from Boots, what will go wrong this time ?

My wife and I both have repeat prescriptions which come to us from Boots.  Mine didn't turn up last month - I had been told one date when I collected the previous month, on enquiring I found out a different date was on the system. They would make the prescription up - could I call later?   Calling later - sorry pharmacist at lunch. 

My wife's was due last week - had no text. Enquiring today - it's here somewhere. Eventually found - had been waiting for one item.. 

Both now due on Dec 22nd. Do you think I'll get a text ?  Will all items be available ?

Does anyone know what the system is supposed to be ?  It looks like a mixture of hand written and computer system with some (all) prescriptions coming from a central source.
Never pay on an estimated bill

Comments

• billn
    billn Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't say about Boots but the pharmacy attached to our doctors surgery has similar problems, I can order a repeat prescription which will be issued the next day but I still have to wait 7 days to pick it up, they used to do a text service when the prescription was ready but half the time it didn't work so that was stopped.

I suppose it's progress!
    If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you!
  • Undervalued
    Options
    Robin9 said:
    Do like me wonder, when you collect your prescription from Boots, what will go wrong this time ?

My wife and I both have repeat prescriptions which come to us from Boots.  Mine didn't turn up last month - I had been told one date when I collected the previous month, on enquiring I found out a different date was on the system. They would make the prescription up - could I call later?   Calling later - sorry pharmacist at lunch. 

My wife's was due last week - had no text. Enquiring today - it's here somewhere. Eventually found - had been waiting for one item.. 

Both now due on Dec 22nd. Do you think I'll get a text ?  Will all items be available ?

Does anyone know what the system is supposed to be ?  It looks like a mixture of hand written and computer system with some (all) prescriptions coming from a central source.
    Not just Boots, pretty much any pharmacy dealings can be frustrating in the extreme!

That said, quite why anybody wants to be a pharmacist is beyond me. Lots of academic knowledge and years of training to spend 90% of their time counting pills and sticking labels on little boxes. The other ten percent of their time is spent being coughed on sick people wanting their advice (at least they trained for that) or sworn at by addicts (who badly need help) demanding their medication!

A school friend of mine qualified, stuck it for a few years then moved into the hotel trade!
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It obviously varies around the country.  I order my meds online, the surgery check it and send the electronic prescription to Boots the same day.  2 days later, occasionally 3 and my meds are available for collection.  
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    After I order my prescription on line it takes a week for the GP to authorise   it and pass it to the chemist.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I used to get my prescriptions from Boots and things were good. They deteriorated and drugs would be missing, one I got every month rather than every two despite telling them several times. I even put a complaint in. 
    Now a small pharmacy does it and also delivers for free. No comparison.

Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My only issue with Boots was the lack of monitoring, so yes they would put the request in for the right things at the right time but if there was any issues, which with our "new" doctors at the time there was many, they never chased it up or let me know of any issues until I came in store to ask. 

I gave up because I could ultimately track it myself better and so complain to the GP when they issue the wrong thing, wrong amount, something I didnt ask for, forgot a medicine, forgot the prescription had changed etc.

Ultimately it went to the Ombudsman who was given the run around for over 2 years! In their own words they were at a loss as in all their time working there they'd never come across a GP surgery that simply ignored them.

Problems have materially reduced since the NHS app started doing repeat prescriptions! If they could only start doing appointment bookings through it then life would be great but unfortunately despite being CIS Male the only appointment the app offers is for a cervical smear. 
  • cx6
    cx6 Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I recommend the Pharmacy2U app - order via the app and your prescription is posted to you.
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    Yes, they would repeatedly order one of my meds, forget to order others, forget to hand over meds and then hand over double the amount next time it was a relief to move.

Now I order what I want and the prescription goes to a different chemist. Only one issue as they couldn't get hold of one of my prescription items, but never told me when I called to check, only told me when I went to collect it but they spoke with my practice to get a different prescription. I order that particular one well in advance.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • sparky0138
    Options
    cx6 said:
    I recommend the Pharmacy2U app - order via the app and your prescription is posted to you.
    I'd like to recommend Hey Pharmacist (formally Co-Op Health). As above, order via the app and get it in the post. Never had a problem and so much better than having to visit the chemist.
  • Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    cx6 said:
    I'd like to recommend Hey Pharmacist (formally Co-Op Health). As above, order via the app and get it in the post. Never had a problem and so much better than having to visit the chemist.
    And I would give a massive thumbs down to Lloyds Online (formally Echo) who I found frustrating in the extreme!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback