What does 'Reactions' mean in my Profile?

When I view my Profile I see a box headed Reactions.
It looks like this...


I know that when I click on the THANKS figure I then see listed all the thanks I have received.

I wondered what a PROMOTE was, and how I had managed to score one, so clicked on it to find out.

The following screen was presented...


I have 'checked back in a little while' several times but always see the same message.

Is a PROMOTE a good thing or a bad thing? I have no idea.

Comments

  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    KeithP said:
    When I view my Profile I see a box headed Reactions.
    ....................
    Is a PROMOTE a good thing or a bad thing? I have no idea.

    Do you care?
    Does anyone?

    Same as all those badges (?) above there - what's it all about?
    I joined in 2006 and guess what .... I've got badges for first through to tenth anniversary, I wonder who thought of putting that on the screen? How did they work it out? ;)

    I've made 5.4K posts and guess what .... I've got badges for first through to 1,000th post. Isn't that exciting.

    Think I'll go for a lie down in a darkened room to calm down!!! 
  • J_B said:
    KeithP said:
    When I view my Profile I see a box headed Reactions.
    ....................
    Is a PROMOTE a good thing or a bad thing? I have no idea.

    Do you care?
    Does anyone?

    Same as all those badges (?) above there - what's it all about?
    I joined in 2006 and guess what .... I've got badges for first through to tenth anniversary, I wonder who thought of putting that on the screen? How did they work it out? ;)

    I've made 5.4K posts and guess what .... I've got badges for first through to 1,000th post. Isn't that exciting.

    Think I'll go for a lie down in a darkened room to calm down!!! 
    That whole post must be a figment of my imagination because you haven't been active since 4th November.

    J_B

    Joined
    5 December 2006 at 9:09PM
    Visits
    37
    Last Active
    4 November at 9:16PM
    Roles
    Forumite
    Thanks (old forum)
    1.4K
    Bob
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    That whole post must be a figment of my imagination because you haven't been active since 4th November.


    You are indeed correct - I have been 'inactive' for quite a while!!! :D
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Just making another inactive post to prove that I still haven't been active since 4th Nov at 9.16pm
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Technically, Promote is a form of thank worth the same as five normal thanks that can only be given by moderators or employees or similar, based on their permissions in the board software and I don't know whether board guides have the required permission. There are ways to automatically use the scores of posts to make some content more visible but MSE doesn't seem to be using them.

    I agree that it'd be handy to know which posts get the promote reaction but I have the same inability to see them.
  • shell16
    shell16 Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    J_B said:
    KeithP said:
    When I view my Profile I see a box headed Reactions.
    ....................
    Is a PROMOTE a good thing or a bad thing? I have no idea.

    Do you care?
    Does anyone?

    Same as all those badges (?) above there - what's it all about?
    I joined in 2006 and guess what .... I've got badges for first through to tenth anniversary, I wonder who thought of putting that on the screen? How did they work it out? ;)

    I've made 5.4K posts and guess what .... I've got badges for first through to 1,000th post. Isn't that exciting.

    Think I'll go for a lie down in a darkened room to calm down!!! 
    Wow, can no one ask a question? If you cant be civil and courteous and then dont bother responding at all :
                                                                                             

     Debt Free - 04/03/23.  Total LBM August 2021 £15410.70

  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    shell16 said:
    J_B said:
    KeithP said:
    When I view my Profile I see a box headed Reactions.
    ....................
    Is a PROMOTE a good thing or a bad thing? I have no idea.

    Do you care?
    Does anyone?

    Same as all those badges (?) above there - what's it all about?
    I joined in 2006 and guess what .... I've got badges for first through to tenth anniversary, I wonder who thought of putting that on the screen? How did they work it out? ;)

    I've made 5.4K posts and guess what .... I've got badges for first through to 1,000th post. Isn't that exciting.

    Think I'll go for a lie down in a darkened room to calm down!!! 
    Wow, can no one ask a question? If you cant be civil and courteous and then dont bother responding at all :

    You asked <<Is a PROMOTE a good thing or a bad thing? I have no idea. >> and I gave my opinion.
    Sorry if you thought it was discourteous.
  • shell16
    shell16 Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    J_B said:

    You asked <<Is a PROMOTE a good thing or a bad thing? I have no idea. >> and I gave my opinion.
    Sorry if you thought it was discourteous.
    JB I can pick up on several comments you made not just the above.  Anyway Happy Friday!
                                                                                             

     Debt Free - 04/03/23.  Total LBM August 2021 £15410.70

  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    shell16 said:
    J_B said:

    You asked <<Is a PROMOTE a good thing or a bad thing? I have no idea. >> and I gave my opinion.
    Sorry if you thought it was discourteous.
    JB I can pick up on several comments you made not just the above.  Anyway Happy Friday!
    🤷‍♂️  👍

    Happy Friday to you too

  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,495 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    J_B said:
    shell16 said:
    J_B said:
    KeithP said:
    When I view my Profile I see a box headed Reactions.
    ....................
    Is a PROMOTE a good thing or a bad thing? I have no idea.

    Do you care?
    Does anyone?

    Same as all those badges (?) above there - what's it all about?
    I joined in 2006 and guess what .... I've got badges for first through to tenth anniversary, I wonder who thought of putting that on the screen? How did they work it out? ;)

    I've made 5.4K posts and guess what .... I've got badges for first through to 1,000th post. Isn't that exciting.

    Think I'll go for a lie down in a darkened room to calm down!!! 
    Wow, can no one ask a question? If you cant be civil and courteous and then dont bother responding at all :

    You asked <<Is a PROMOTE a good thing or a bad thing? I have no idea. >> and I gave my opinion.
    Sorry if you thought it was discourteous.
    No, I asked that question and made no comment on your response.
    It was @shell16 who appears to have disapproved of your reply.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards