Cancelled flight refund

Options
Hi all, 

Hoping someone can kindly offer me some advice. 
I booked flights to with lastminute.com in March 2021, these flights were then cancelled by BA and i was informed I would be receiving a refund soon for £600

I got an email on 28/8/21 informing me my refund was agreed upon, and it was going to be processed in 15 working days. 
To this date, I have still not yet received a refund for these flights. I have called them >5x and I get the same response every time stating that it will come 'soon' but no date can be given. I have also emailed twice with no response to my query. 

Is there anything else I can do, or should be doing? I feel like I will never get this refund...

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    you said it has been 'agreed upon' does that mean BA have refunded Lastminute or that they have applied for the refund? (might be worth checking with BA)
    Unfortunately you chose a poor agent (poor long before Covid times) and it is not uncommon for after sales support to be lacking/non existent
  • Najkh
    Options

Thanks for the prompt response!

^ this is the email they sent to me. When i called them, BA had chosen to refund lastminute, but they were still processing the refund for me
  • JTF73
    JTF73 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Hi just reading your post and I was wondering if you ever received your refund from Lastminute.com? I was promised a full refund when they changed our flights and when I chased it, after receiving an email confirming I would receive the refund, I was told it was cancelled and the money was gone. Any ideas on how to get money back from them.....
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    JTF73 said:
    Hi just reading your post and I was wondering if you ever received your refund from Lastminute.com? I was promised a full refund when they changed our flights and when I chased it, after receiving an email confirming I would receive the refund, I was told it was cancelled and the money was gone. Any ideas on how to get money back from them.....
    You have woken a thread from November 2021. Not sure the OP will see your new question.

Can you give more details to your case? When were you due to travel, which airline cancelled the flight? Did you pay by credit card?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback