30 day notice even if mobile phone contract finishes first

Hi my phone contract ends on the 27/11/2021 and I called today to say I do not wish to continue with the contract from renewal date and telephone company said even though the contract ends I would still be liable for costs for the renewal date to the 10/12/2021 which is 30 days from today. Please can someone tell me if this is correct because this is really naughty when a company can extend the contract by including in the terms and condition which very few people read. A bit wiser next time round.

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Fairly standard.
  • If you are past the minimum term of your contract (ie after 27/11) and you request termination of service via a PAC (or STAC) code then your provider cannot continue to charge you for the remainder of your notice period once the PAC has been actioned by a new provider. Note that just requesting a PAC/STAC does not terminate service (or charging).

• What happens if no PAC/STAC actioned? Can anyone confirm that if I give notice to my PAYM supplier then at the end date agreed the service will cease and the mobile number becomes unavailable for transfer or reactivation? 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback