Car accident claim

Good afternoon, 
I hope I posted in the right category, if not apologies in advance.
My story is: I had car accident back in July, not my fault had dash cam recording as well. Passanger was friend of mine. After trying to solve it amicably. The other party started playing games and getting her friends blaming me. Anyway my friend said he knows a person who is accident claim case handler, and told me to not claim through my insurance. That's what I did, third party playing games since July basically. The accident claim center sent everything they needed with the video of the incident. And clear as day its the other person fault. Till today I'm still waiting for an answer. Everytime I call the accident claim place all what I hear is third party accepted liability just waiting for payment. Knowing I'm not claiming for injury just car damage. I called today again and been told that third party engineer revising the damage cost..... And every week is lame excuse. I don't have any paper work from this place all because my friend knows the case handler now I just don't have the patience anymore. I told them I want to cancel and they keep telling me to be patient. 
What I should do please? Keep waiting or cancel and go to my current insurance. If I do cancel do I need to pay anything to them? Considering is no win no fee type. Does car damage normally take this amount of time normally? Or just this accident claim place turned out to be useless and they don't know what they are doing?

Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If the accident only happened in July, I'd be surprised if it's anywhere close to being resolved. You'll need to be a lot more patient. If you cancel, you'll need to pay whatever fees are in the contract, which will undoubtedly be significant.

Why didn't you go through your insurance? You're going to be handing over a lot of any redress you get to the claims company. Hopefully you at least reported the incident to them at the time. 
  • djsito
    djsito Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If the accident only happened in July, I'd be surprised if it's anywhere close to being resolved. You'll need to be a lot more patient. If you cancel, you'll need to pay whatever fees are in the contract, which will undoubtedly be significant.

Why didn't you go through your insurance? You're going to be handing over a lot of any redress you get to the claims company. Hopefully you at least reported the incident to them at the time. 
    Thanka zx81. 
    I have reported the incident to my previous insurance. 
    To be honest I regret going with this company. Is what I get for listening to people in first place but lesson learned now. Thanks for the advice tho. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback