Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Xmas vino sorted with Virgin switch......

Don't even need any direct debits!!

Replies

• Brewer21Brewer21 Forumite
    275 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    okydoky said:
    Tell us more🙄

Just had an email from Virgin Money telling me I can benefit from the wine offer, I just need to switch in an old account to my M Plus account I opened late last year. I didn't switch an account then, this was an additional account I opened to benefit from an extra 2.02% interest on £1k.
    I already have another M Plus account that's beniffited from the switch offer with a case of wine. T&C's say I can't have it again but this email is tempting me to go for it. It's probably a case of the promotions dept don't know I hold another account that's had the switch offer, who knows?.
  • okydokyokydoky Forumite
    261 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sounds like you won't get it again then!

We've never had it so will be switching our FD accounts which are of little value now that the monthly savers are so poor.

Looking forward to the wine👌
  • kaMelokaMelo Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Brewer21 said:
    okydoky said:
    Tell us more🙄

Just had an email from Virgin Money telling me I can benefit from the wine offer, I just need to switch in an old account to my M Plus account I opened late last year. I didn't switch an account then, this was an additional account I opened to benefit from an extra 2.02% interest on £1k.
    I already have another M Plus account that's beniffited from the switch offer with a case of wine. T&C's say I can't have it again but this email is tempting me to go for it. It's probably a case of the promotions dept don't know I hold another account that's had the switch offer, who knows?.
    As an existing customer you don't qualfy.
  • edited 29 October 2021 at 1:54PM
    jimjamesjimjames Forumite
    16.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 29 October 2021 at 1:54PM
    kaMelo said:

As an existing customer you don't qualfy.
    It specifically says it is addressed to existing customers.

I've just received the email too. I have 2 accounts with Virgin. I switched last year and got wine with that account. I opened a second account at a later date and the email looks to be in relation to that account.
    Brewer21 said:
    okydoky said:
    T&C's say I can't have it again but this email is tempting me to go for it. It's probably a case of the promotions dept don't know I hold another account that's had the switch offer, who knows?.

When I read the T&Cs it doesn't say that. It seems clear that you can only benefit from THIS offer once so if you have 2 accounts you can't do it for both and get 2 lots of wine now. It makes no mention of previous offers or timescales so I'm going to give it a try. The previous offer was to open & switch an account with direct debits/pay in amounts, this one has none of those requirements and is being sent to existing customers so seems to be distinctly different to previous offers and can't be considered "this" offer. 

We can see that you opened your M Plus Account during one of our Bundles offers but didn’t quite meet the criteria to benefit from one of our rewards. We wanted to give you another chance so you don't miss out.

This offer is for the intended recipient of this email only. You can only benefit from this offer once, this includes where you have more than one account with us. If you are a joint account holder, you can only take part once between you and your joint account holder.

How do you take up this offer?
    To be eligible for the Virgin Wines offer, using the Current Account Switch Service, complete a full switch from an existing current account you hold with another provider to your Virgin Money M Plus Account by 17 December 2021. A full switch means that all your regular outgoing payments from your existing current account will be transferred to your Virgin Money M Plus Account and your existing account will be closed on the date you select to switch. This doesn't include any recurring payments set up on your old debit card, such as film and music streaming subscriptions.

When can you take up the offer?
    This offer is available until 17 December 2021. Remember, switching using the Current Account Switch Service takes 7 working days, so bear that in mind when you're choosing your switch date.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • kaMelokaMelo Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Forumite
    From the terms.

Bullet point three.

"don't already have a virgin money personal current account and haven't closed one recently. (Since 31st July 2021)"
  • edited 29 October 2021 at 2:03PM
    jimjamesjimjames Forumite
    16.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 29 October 2021 at 2:03PM
    @kaMelo those terms are nothing to do with the email offer that has been sent to EXISTING customers as per my previous post which shows all the email info.

There is a separate offer on the VM website that your terms refer to. I repeat they are nothing to do with the offer that has been emailed as it specifically refers to being an existing customer
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • edited 29 October 2021 at 2:05PM
    kaMelokaMelo Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Forumite
    edited 29 October 2021 at 2:05PM
    jimjames said:
    @kaMelo those terms are nothing to do with the email offer that has been sent to EXISTING customers as per my previous post which shows all the email info.
    Which i've just read, it would appear to be specific to those who received the email in which case, to everyone else, ignore what I have posted.

>>> goes off looking at emails in hopeful anticipation.

• Brewer21Brewer21 Forumite
    275 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Can be confusing then, the T&C's relating to this offer dated if I remember 20/10/21 mention the need for 2 DD's to be on the account.
  • wiseonesomeofthetimewiseonesomeofthetime Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    kaMelo said:
    From the terms.

Bullet point three.

"don't already have a virgin money personal current account and haven't closed one recently. (Since 31st July 2021)"
    Rules me out then lol.

I have CASS'd three of my four VM accounts in the last two months.

Tbf, the wine offer never appealed to me first time round, so doubt it would enough this time for me to burn one of my other current accounts.
  • someonesomeone Forumite
    790 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I have two accounts with them, one switched in the past for the offer and one just for the extra 2% on another £1k. I received the email. For those looking the email subject sounds just a little like regular comminations with it saying "[FIRSTNAME], get more from your current account".

I suspect there has been a recent net loss of accounts via CASS. As a result they have segmented their customer base to find people who can "switch in" to improve the numbers.

[FIRSTNAME] it’s great to have you with us.

We can see that you opened your M Plus Account during one of our Bundles offers but didn’t quite meet the criteria to benefit from one of our rewards. We wanted to give you another chance so you don't miss out.

If you complete a full bank account switch to your M Plus Account by 17 December 2021 using the Current Account Switch Service, you’ll qualify for a free case of Virgin Wines worth £150. Terms apply1.

Switching to us is easy

Switching your account means moving your balance and regular payments, like Direct Debits, to your Virgin Money current account and your existing bank account will be closed. It takes around seven days to complete and we manage everything from start to finish. For your peace of mind, the switch is backed by the Current Account Switch Guarantee.
    Switch now

A reminder of your account benefits

You already enjoy a 2.02% AER2 (variable) interest rate on your M Plus Account balance up to £1,000. Plus, you’ve got a linked instant access M Plus Saver and a super-smart app to help you master your money.

If you fully switch over to us using the Current Account Switch Service, it could help you make your banking even more rewarding.

What's next?

When you complete your current account switch by the date above, we’ll send an email with your unique Virgin Wines code within 14 days.

The sooner you switch, the sooner you’ll be able to celebrate with a glass of wine.

Cheers to brighter money

We hope you enjoy your case of wine when it arrives - just remember to drink responsibly. Here's to living a life more Virgin.

The team at Virgin Money

The terms of the offer are

1Existing Customer Switching Offer Terms

Who can take up this offer?
    This offer is for the intended recipient of this email only. You can only benefit from this offer once, this includes where you have more than one account with us. If you are a joint account holder, you can only take part once between you and your joint account holder.

How do you take up this offer?
    To be eligible for the Virgin Wines offer, using the Current Account Switch Service, complete a full switch from an existing current account you hold with another provider to your Virgin Money M Plus Account by 17 December 2021. A full switch means that all your regular outgoing payments from your existing current account will be transferred to your Virgin Money M Plus Account and your existing account will be closed on the date you select to switch. This doesn't include any recurring payments set up on your old debit card, such as film and music streaming subscriptions.

What is the offer?
    A promotional case of pre-selected wines from our friends at Virgin Wines worth £150. There are 12 x 750ml bottles in the case. If you’d prefer to receive a case of non-alcoholic wine, you can select that option with Virgin Wines instead. The non-alcoholic case is worth £75, rather than £150. If Virgin Wines are “out of stock” on any of the wines, you’ll get an alternative wine of equal or higher value. We’ll send you an e-mail with your unique Virgin Wines code within 14 days of you meeting the offer criteria. The e-mail will provide instructions on how to claim your wine through the Virgin Wines website. Your unique Virgin Wines code can be used until 30 November 2022. Virgin Wines terms of sale apply, including delivery timescales. Full Virgin Wines Terms can be viewed here.

When can you take up the offer?
    This offer is available until 17 December 2021. Remember, switching using the Current Account Switch Service takes 7 working days, so bear that in mind when you're choosing your switch date.

What else do you need to know?
    If something goes wrong, we’ll try to fix it. If we can’t because it’s something we can’t control, or it’s not our fault, then we may have to change the offer. This includes suspending the offer or ending it early. We can make such changes without giving you notice. Although we’ll be working closely with our friends at Virgin Wines on this promotion, we aren't responsible for any marketing on their website.